Massachusetts-Boston

Fairmont Copley vs the Mandarin Oriental

I've narrowed my top venue choices to the Fairmont Copley and Mandarin Oriental.  They're so different, and I like different things about each one.  Can anyone share experiences at either venue? Which would you pick?!

Re: Fairmont Copley vs the Mandarin Oriental

• I looked at both! Fairmont Copley has a really traditional look with the ornate rooms and Mandarin is more modern. DH and I liked the style of the Mandarin more, but we had a great tour at Copley Fairmont. Both are excellent, I think it's just a personal style kind of choice. :) Let me know if you have any other questions!
  • I recently went to a wedding at the Fairmont Copley which definitely had that traditional ballroom style.  The room was indeed gorgeous, but it really depends on your style, I think.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We looked at both, and booked with the Fairmont Copley. I found that the Fairmont had a really special, unique feeling of old glamour, which is what we were looking for. The Mandarin is beautiful, but has a more modern sleek feeling. I also found the Fairmont to be really flexible with the options we were offered. The only thing that I wish the Fairmont has is some sort of outdoor space, but we felt it wasn't a dealbreaker. Please feel free to message me if you have any specific questions, or if you just want some input about our pricing/deal options we were offered.

• I think the Fairmont is very "classic Boston." Do you have a lot of guests coming in from out o ftown? This could be a real treat to be part of a wedding in such a historic place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards