Honeymoon Discussions
Options

passport for a cruise

My fiance and I are looking at Carnival cruises for our honeymoon and I was wondering if it is mandatory to bring a passport on the cruise? 
Anniversary

Re: passport for a cruise

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If your leaving the country, yes.
  • Options
    Where are you going?

It's not mandatory to have your passport if you're going to the caribbean, but you must have one of their approved documents (basically, a birth certificate).

It's good to have a passport, however, if you were to miss the boat while in port.  You'd need a passport to get out of the country.  It's a risk going without the passport.

Check with carnival for all the details!

SaveSave
  • Options
    If you have time, get one. If your cruise leaves from and returns to the same American port, a passport is not required, but if for any reason you miss the ship back to the US (illness, get lost, etc), you will have to track down a US embassy, and it will probably take you several days and lots of money to get back to the US.

If you need a passport on short notice, there are several sites around the country where you can "plead your case" for an emergency passport.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would recommend having a passport, regardless.  The form is easily filled out online (then printed), most drugstores or even Walmart will take the standard photos, then bring the whole packet to the Post Office for processing.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_passport-cruise-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:8a8a2a6d-6f34-4b65-8ede-e2474ac8aaf9Post:8b8f646f-1f1a-4824-b1d9-a9ebfd038e05">Re: passport for a cruise</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would recommend having a passport, regardless.  The form is easily filled out online (then printed), most drugstores or even Walmart will take the standard photos, then bring the whole packet to the Post Office for processing.
    Posted by jennylove810[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_passport-cruise-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:8a8a2a6d-6f34-4b65-8ede-e2474ac8aaf9Post:8b8f646f-1f1a-4824-b1d9-a9ebfd038e05">Re: passport for a cruise</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would recommend having a passport, regardless.  The form is easily filled out online (then printed), most drugstores or even Walmart will take the standard photos, then bring the whole packet to the Post Office for processing.
    Posted by jennylove810[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto.</div><div>
    </div><div>You are always better off having one than not.</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards