New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Non-wedding factory places?

Hello....so I've already looked at a few catering halls, and I just really don't like the typical catering hall look with the gaudy marble and ugly chandeliers and loud tacky carpet. Can anyone suggest an elegant and non-typical wedding hall place that has outside and inside ceremony areas?

much appreciated!!!

Re: Non-wedding factory places?

• Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Links at Union Vale...it has an outdoor ceremony location but no indoor...but, the day i got married, it POURED and we used the reception room anyway and it worked out great! 

They only do one wedding a day so once you book, the place is all yours.  It is def. NOT a wedding factory
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where are you looking now? Your previous posted mentioned the
    new rochelle area, are you considering moving the wedding north?

Most of the golf courses (like The Links) will give you a beautiful
    view and non-traditional venue, but also have  a banquet room.

The Links is in Dutchess, so not sure if you want to travel that far.

Our venue, Putnam National Golf Club is in Putnam County (it's the
    other wedding place in Mahopac!). PNGC has it's catering done by
    Jean Jacques, and they have a dozen or so venues in the area that
    would also fit what yu are looking for!

GL!

http://www.thelinksatunionvale.com/golf/proto/thelinksatunionvale/weddings/weddings.htm

http://www.putnamnational.com/content.asp?page=27

http://jean-jacques.com/
    http://jean-jacques.com/catering_venues.htm

HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am very flexible on location as i'm looking in the Hudson Valley, Long Island, Staten Island and New Jersey! thank you for the suggestsions regardless! Sorry I've been spamming a little.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No! That's not what I was saying, I just remember your post from below about catering hall row. There is quite a distance from New Rochelle to Poughkeepsie. That's all! 

If you are interested in the hudson valley in general, visit www.hudsonvalleyweddings.com

It is a great site with a lot of Dutchess and across the river venues and vendors.

GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Grandview in Poughkeepsie has a nice outdoor ballroom and ceremony space that has a unique feel. Depending on when you're getting married, you should check it out. Great price too!
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you could try Round Hill house in Washingtonville.  It is like an old mansion house
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Depending on your budget you can try

Buttermilk Falls Inn
    Blue Hill and Stone Barn
    Tappan Hill
    The Garrison
    Highlands Country Club
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    try colonial terrace in cortlandt manor...an old historic mansion
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    C.V Rich Mansion
  • Options
    smatuzasmatuza member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just went to my FI's cousins wedding at Marros in Rye, it was great!  it's on the grounds of a greek orthodox church, it's an old stone building- beautiful!  food was ok, nothing amazing but good enough! 

seems to be owned by jean-jacques as well
    Anniversary
    my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Smatuza - My parents and sister (a BM) and brother-in-law went to that wedding too! (N & L right?)

They said they had a wonderful time!

I kept asking for a review on the food. And they said it was very good, but the entrees were just good. (Interestingly enough, we picked the same entree choices! Hope they turn out better!)

But for entree's at a wedding - if they rank as "good", I feel that's good enough!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards