Second Weddings

NWR: Found it! Found it!

Yesterday, I finally finished going through all of the boxes (25+) I'd stored in my parents' attic.  The goal, you might recall, was to find my high school diploma.  I found lots of cool and fun stuff, a TON of boring, academic stuff but alas, afer opening and sorting through the very last box, I had not found the diploma.  Boo!

Honestly, how could I have saved every single notebook I used in high school and college but not something as significant as my diploma?  DH mentioned a bin (it had been on a closet shelf in my old BR) he'd seen.  3, 2, 1 ... and Voila! 

We found a treasure trove!  Inside the bin, not only did I find my high school diploma but also my grade school diploma.  There were my first two hats from Disneyland (embroidered with my name, of course), right beside a box marked "Lisa's Christening gown" ... underneath that, more precious keepsakes.  Yippee!

Re: NWR: Found it! Found it!

• So happy for you that you found your keepsakes!!!

• So glad you found it! I'm terribly romantic about stuff like you mentioned, especially the christening gown. My mom made mine out of a yard of silk she purchased at a now defunct department store, and both my kids wore it when they were christened. Of course babies were much smaller then, so my kids got into it for the christening itself, but the button at the neck wasn't done up, and we changed them for the christening party into more comfortable attire.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards