North Carolina
Options

Wilmington reception hall

Hey Ladies-
We are planning to get married on Carolina Beach, on October 8, 2011.  Does anyone have any suggestions on a reception hall on Carolina Beach or even in Wilmington? We live in Wisconsin and sometimes it gets hard looking for everything online.  Oh yeah and we are looking at about 150 guests. Thanks for helping in advance.

Re: Wilmington reception hall

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Near CB there is Beau Rivage Golf Club.  There is also the aquarium at Fort Fisher.  What exactly are you looking for? (I am from up North too (OH) and here there aren't reception halls like there are up there).

Downtown there are a few different places but it would be a 30min drive or more from CB to downtown. 
    TTC#1 since April 2011
    IVF#1 July 2012 5R, 3 made it to blast, sET BFN
    FET#1 Aug 2012 2 blasts transferred BFN
    IVF#2 Oct 2012
    16R/6M/6F
    Beta 1-237.9, Beta 2-566, Beta 3-8657
    US 6w3d shows one baby w/ HB 115
    US 7w1d no more heartbeat/ D&C 11/30/12 normal karyotype
    IVF#3 Mar 2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    YLEEUTRNYLEEUTRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Im having my wedding in downtown wilmington!

I  love my reception  venue. Balcony on Dock. you can use 1st floor or use 3rd floor and the courtyard. it all depends on how you decorate the venue and i think its a lovely place.

Ive been to 128 south but wasnt quite my style but still pretty place.

River room is also ok.. and lumina hall.
  • Options
    pgbonicapgbonica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having mine at the Bellamy Mansion next year! So excited!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jennieweaver1jennieweaver1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    definitely look into Beau Rivage, its a very pretty area, as well as using the fort fisher aquarium. Both of those places are great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 135 Invited
    image 105 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 need to check their mailboxes!
    RSVP Date: Sept 08
    http://jennieweaver.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our reception at Halyburton Park, and got married on Kure Beach, not too far past CB.

Of note, Carolina Beach doesn't allow chairs or any decoration for weddings, so that may be something to consider. We originally wanted CB too, but that changed our mind. We decided to have it farther down, in the area of beach right before the aquarium, the permit was $30, but we could do whatever we wanted on the beach as far as decor and seating.

Halyburton park was beautiful and affordable, but only holds 110 people.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure of your wedding style, but I went to a wedding reception at the old USO building near downtown and thought it was AH-dorable! It's definitely on the small side, though-- but plenty of room to dance :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KamkelKamkel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is that in Carolina Beach or Wilmington?  How small is small?  We are expecting 150 guest...although I hope a little less!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards