Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Help! I need a venue!

My fiancee and I want to plan a wedding in 4 months (for June!) and need to find a venue. I know this sounds insane!, but we want to get married this summer and his parents are gone for most of July and August.

We don't really care where it is - North Shore or South Shore or Cape Cod - (his family lives on the North Shore, my family lives on Cape Cod) but there are some things we are looking for:

*Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday wedding. This means that I can hopefully find a place last minute by saying we will get married on a Thursday.

*Under $10,000 for the venue including food (whether from onsite catering or outside vendor). We are looking at about 150 people INVITED, what percent will come I don't know. (Maybe less if it's a Thursday?).

*Rustic feel. I know this can be done by DIY in ALMOST any venue, but we would LOVE something woodsy, horse-y, old barn, winery, art gallery, etc. Yes, we will do a tent wedding if the outside is nice.

*I want cupcakes. Not a cake. I don't know if when they say "wedding cake included- no outside cake allowed" they will let me have cupcakes??

We have an appointment to look at Red Lion Inn in Cohasset on Friday. This is exactly what we are looking for, but for 150 people it will be be outside our budget just for the place, even though there is no minimum for a Thursday.

We also have an appointment for Coonamessett Inn in Falmouth on Saturday. My mom loves this place and is willing to pay for it totally if I have the wedding there. But I don't really want a beach wedding. Anyone know if I could make that place feel rustic??

Thank you so much.. I know everything will work out and ultimately it's about the marriage not the wedding day, but I want it to be special.

Re: Help! I need a venue!

• Check out Harbor Point in Cummiquid! We got married there and LOVED it!! :) Hope that helps!
  • Truro Vineyards?
    Anniversary
  • We are getting married at the Cape Codder in Hyannis. We are spending $8000 and thats for 100 people so im sure it would be under $10000 if you had it there. They have a court yard where they do their ceramonys. it includes everything including a room for the night. Good luck! 

• Check out Bourne Farm in Falmouth. Definitely gives you the rustic feel. The Coonamesset Inn is not on the beach, it is on a pond. So, the feeling is not so beachy there if your mom truly loves the place...it may be the perfect combo for both of your wants. Ultimately it is YOUR wedding though...so regardless of who is paying..make sure it is the day you want to remember...you don't want any regrets about your wedding day :) As for cupcakes...it depends on the venue...most of the time you can talk them out of requiring their cake. Do you have someone to make cupcakes? We used Tammy from The Scratch Cake in Falmouth for our wedding cake. While we had a cake, she actually specializes in cupcakes. Her work is amazing...my entire cake was gone after our wedding. The hostess gave us the "leftovers" after our wedding and we only had three pieces in the container (two of the pieces were mine and my husbands), so there was really only 1 piece left. She truly is a talented person and her price dosen't break the bank!
  • I'm getting married at Coonamessett Inn April 2013! It is totally not beachy. I def think it's more rustic, "old Cape-Coddy." The setting is beautiful right on Jones Pond. All the guest rooms are right on site which is a HUGE plus. And theres a Holiday Inn across the street. The only thing about June is that they have a $2500 room fee (we didn't pay a room fee for April). The place is so awesome tho!!! But since it is kinda last minute, maybe they can fit you in on a Thursday or Friday they don't have booked & will negotiate with you on that room fee. I def think you can stay around your budget there for 125-150 people if you can work something out with the room fee.. We are doing the Gold Package which is all stations & it's $57pp. You get SO much for your $$ too. I'm sure there are alot of other options too. With a 10K budget, you will prob have to DIY alot of other stuff. Invitations on Vistaprint will save you tons of $$. They always have 50% off sales.  
  • We looked at the Publick House in Sturbridge MA.  Rustic and had some openings in June.  Reasonable and very good food!  I am not sure how big the inn is for people staying overnight.  We are also newly engaged and looking for a summer wedding.  Just picked the Dan'l Webster Inn.  Not as historic looking as we were envisioning but loved the garden area! 
  • Check out Camp Kiawanee in Hanson. Beautiful house on a lake, with a fantastic outdoor porch overlooking the lake. It is all wood paneling so very rustic looking. It is owned by the Town of Hanson, rent is reasonable and you can bring in your own food and booze so lots of control over costs.
  • July is Peak so you may have a hard time in the Cape with that budget...

I'm getting married at the Ridge Club in Sandwich, it isnt very 'rustic' but it is gorgeous and not over the top 'capey' (no seashells or starfish all over!). They are really flexible on cake and may work with you if willing to do a Thursday but  have a smaller wedding so I am not sure about budget.

I went to a wedding at "The Barn at Gibbit Hill", its about 45 min north/west of Boston but definately rustic and beautiful. Not sure on pricing though.
  • Fantac2Fantac2 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    My son and his fiance are getting married at Plimouth Plantation in the Peabody Pavillion. Price is $85.00/PP but includes open bar. The venue has a room with ceiling to floor sliders as well as attched tent. View of Eel River and harbour, very rustic. Diane cox is the person to call there, extremely helpful.
    Good luck!

PS the above price also includes MA meal tax and gratuity
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards