Jewish Weddings
Options

yarmulkes.com... Anyone w/experience??

Anyone have experience with this company? Their have really good prices for their kippot and their tallit (fi wants a new one for the wedding).

TIA!

Re: yarmulkes.com... Anyone w/experience??

• Options
    moslimosli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i ordered my kippot through them, and i think Musicheals was going to, also.
    My kippot arrived about 3 weeks after I ordered them. They're pretty standard, and overall i'm happy with them.
    if you decide to go with them, i will warn you that you probably won't hear anything from them between the initial order confirmation and the point they show up at your door. After a week, I checked my credit card and confirmed that it had been charged. They didn't send any shipping notification, and I was going to try giving them a call to check on things the day they arrived.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we looked at them for our yarmulkes but we checked BBB and they had an F rating so we went with skull caps.  it was only like 75 cents or a dollar difference and there were tons of good reviews of them on here.  they came in 2 weeks and look really good!  plus you get a proof before moving forward with the printing.  i def would recommend them!
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the skullcap info.

The only problem is that they don't sell tallit so I'm not sure where we'd get it if we went elsewhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't order our kippot but I did order our benchers.  Feedback at times was a little slow, but I got proofs and when I needed to talk to someone, I was able to (also communication via email) and they were ready and looked great  - 100 done in less than 3 weeks before the reception.

There is a thread regarding this issue if you search back and some folks were okay with their order (I know a few that were also not happy with skullcaps).  These things are always subjective.  GL.
  • Options
    mickeypottermickeypotter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you provide the web address for the skull cap place?
  • Options
    moslimosli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if it helps, but I ordered my tallit from ebay seller tiferes-judaica. It was reasonable and is very lovely.

best Wishes!
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Despite what viewfromheaven says, I ordered from www.yarmulkes.com, they were shipped quickly, and they look great!  Speaking from PERSONAL experience, I had a great experience with this vendor!

ETA:  I read the BBB report, which was based on the complaint of ONE person!  Not exactly a review from several dissatisfied consumers, now is it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_yarmulkescom-anyone-wexperience?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:399Discussion:a78d3383-8f2e-4f0c-8a00-95a12bc02380Post:509eb294-7c8b-4d63-9bb0-b27e1a5195fc">Re: yarmulkes.com... Anyone w/experience??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can you provide the web address for the skull cap place?
    Posted by mickeypotter[/QUOTE]

sure....it's <a href="http://www.skullcap.com" target="_blank">www.skullcap.com</a>
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • Options
    deborahclevydeborahclevy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just checked them out on the BBB. It now says A+ rating.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards