Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

how much did you pay for a band, officiant, etc.

So we were gonna have a friend get us married, that's not happening now, and we were gonna have a DJ, that's also not happening now. I am going over my budget and I am realizing there are few things  I have no idea how much they cost. So what did you pay for your band, your officiant, your hair make up.

thank you

Re: how much did you pay for a band, officiant, etc.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    for our band, we're paying around $2100 (which is for ceremony, reception, and second line).
    my officiant was around $300
    my hair and makeup is going to end up around $315 for both me and my sister (maid of honor).
    Hope that helps!
    ~Sarah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    greatgirl29greatgirl29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're contracted to spend 300 for ceremony harpist, 2400 for reception band for 3 hours, 325 for officiant....I had no idea it would all be so expensive!!! but I also believe that you get what you pay for, so I know it will be worth it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Band- $3000 plus 3 hotel rooms (most in NOLA ranged from $2000-$4000)
    **You can still get away with a DJ!

Officiant- Rev Zimmer is around $300 and Judge KK Norman is $250

Hair and Makeup- I paid $130 for trial, $150 day of- for both hair and make up.
    **Scroll down to see the two posts in the past week about hair and makeup!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you that does help a lot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rev. Zimmer = $325

Dr. Jazz (3 hours total for ceremony, cocktail hour and second line) = $950

Get Polished Hair/airbrushed Makeup  (for 5) and day of coordinator (worth every penny) = $1500.  See my recent posts on hair and makeup gals or email me directly at caramia1500@yahoo.com

Everything does add up, but I would go without flowers on the reception tables and opt for live music, especially the Second Line...come on, you're getting married in New Orleans!  We had a small wedding in a restaurant so did not need music for a traditional reception.  The Second Line was so worth the money, usually the brass bands are around $450 - $500.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards