Rhode Island
Options

Rehearsal Lunch/Dinner in Newport

We are starting to plann for a rehearsal lunch or dinner in Newport. Does anyone have any recommendations? We were thinking of looking at H20, The Pier, the tennis stadium, and Brick Alley. We would love something on Thames, The Wharf, or on the water. Thanks!

Re: Rehearsal Lunch/Dinner in Newport

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How much are you looking to spend? What type of feel are you going for? Something else to consider is parking. It can be a bear on the waterfront (depending on the time of year). Just a heads up.
    A nice place that's a little chic - I would recommend 22 Bowen's. It's on a wharf (Bowen's), has a separate upstairs for parties, and really yummy food. A bit on the pricey side, but the Stoli Doli martini is to die for!
    IMHO, Brick Alley is over sold to out of towners. It really doesn't do anything for me, but that's my personal opinion.
    I've heard good things about H2O but never been myself. If you're going during the warmer months, have you considered a boat? There's The Majestic, a large power boat that has a full kitchen, seating, etc. I think they can do it for around $40 (we looked there).
    The Moorings is also another popular choice - right on the water and (bonus!) they have their own parking lot. Can be pricey, but you should probably expect that for the location you seek.
    Right next to First Beach, technically in Middletown, is Atlantic Beach Club. Plenty of parking, really reasonably priced, and separate banquet rooms. It overlooks the Atlantic Ocean/First Beach. The food there is really good, too. That's where we're having ours :-)
    Let me know if none of those strike your fancy - I live in Newport so I'm filled with ideas! :-)
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are still up in the air about if it will be a lunch or dinner. I think we are looking to spend around $40 or so per person. I am going to look in to 22 Bowen, The Mooring, H20, and The Pier. We thought about a boat, but are concerned if the weather is bad. We want to have a typical Newport menu with clam chowder, lobster rolls, etc. 
  • Options
    blondy1knkblondy1knk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im having mine at the cook house. They have two private dining areas upstairs.  One that is looking over the water which is very nice or the other room next to it.

Also speakeasy bar and grill has really good food.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards