Florida-South Florida
Options

Mansion at Tuckahoe

Has anyone ever had any experience with having a wedding at the mansion, I know it is kind of pricey but it really looks like it is worth it, any insite would be appreciated.

Re: Mansion at Tuckahoe

• Options
    fishinflagirlfishinflagirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live here in Stuart and looked into it. Its very expensive, I believe 6-7k for the whole place and they do not have a clean up crew and you must be out of there by midnight or additional charges will apply. Although, I have friends that have gone to weddings there and say its just gorgeous. So, its really up to you whether you want to spend the money on it.
  • Options
    labronx2labronx2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks, I'm looking for my daughter who is doing her residency in Va and noticed no one on this site has mentioned this place at all, which surprised me
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's gorgeous, and I saw that I had visited the website before when I clicked on the link.  I think there are two reasons I didn't look into it further: 1) I had a hard time finding more info about the venue rental on their site and 2) Stuart isn't that close to the airport, and we have a lot of OOT guests.  (More personally, I live about an hour and a half from there, and that was farther than I cared to drive every time I needed to take care of something.)
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked at the Mansion for my wedding. The only problem is they have half day rates, etc, but on a weekend day you have to rent it for ALL DAY and it was very expensive (well at least for me)... I think it was lke 5-6K to rent it.

That being said, it is Beautiful. It's up on a big hill and absolutley stunning waterfront views. Gorgeous place... They have a beautiful, large terrace.... which I could see a nice wedding taking place in.

But all the rooms were extremely small for a wedding. They suggested having the dining in one room and dancing in another... but I just don't see how it will work for a wedding of even 50 people!

If your daughter is having a small wedding or ok with outdoor, then you should definitley check it out.

Hope that helps!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    fishinflagirlfishinflagirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking around the Stuart area my mom and I were looking on the internet this weekend and found IRP(Mariott on the island) to be pretty decent. They do have a minimum of 100 guests for most of the packages we saw, but the buffet package said a min of 50.
    I was looking at a package where it was $140/person but it includes
    4 hours open bar
    4 hours DJ
    5 hours photographer and DVD of ALL pictures
    h'or derves
    appetizers
    salad
    entree
    champagne toast
    cake and cutting
    flowers for the bride, groom, BM's, GM's, boutineers
    centerpieces for the tables/tables and chairs decorated
    bride and groom stay at the hotel that night with breakfast in the am
    then on your 1st anniversary you get to stay a night there with champagne upon arrival and breakfast in the am
    i may have missed some...but it really sounds like a great deal for everything you get and you wouldnt have to worry about cleaning up, setting up, and arranging for everything to be in the same spot, the hotel would. just an idea for you b/c im going to definitely be thinking about having mine there. good luck!
  • Options
    mmd07hmmd07h member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I'm getting married at the Mansion in February and I am super excited about this location! It is a little pricey at 3,000 for Martin Count locals and I think 6,000 for everyone else. You get the place from 8am - midnight and they do all the set up and clean up with chairs, tables, etc.
  • Options
    I am getting married at the mansion in May 2014. It looks over the Indian River and has a lot of space tha are divided into individual rooms. I am paying around $3,000 for it but I am a Martin County resident.The mansion holds a special place in my heart because my mother loved the mansion and the park.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards