Washington-Seattle

Nice Reception and Ceremony For under 14K

We are looking for a venue that has both reception and ceremony for about 14K,  does any one have any nice suggestions?  we are looking for august 2011.  any help and suggestions would be awesome!  Thanks

Re: Nice Reception and Ceremony For under 14K

• Sweet_AdelineSweet_Adeline member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many people are you planning on having?  I'm getting married at the lake union cafe, and my budget is similar to yours and we're thinking 75-100 people. There are some additional costs on top of their per person fee, like the ceremony fee, parking fee, etc.

www.lakeunioncafe.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry i forgot to mention the guest amount, we are looking for around 150 guests,  Thanks for the info!
  • edited December 2011
    Is $14K your budget for the entire wedding? Just the ceremony and reception venue?  Or that plus catering?

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • edited December 2011
    the 14K is for venue, reception, ceremoney and plated dinner catering.  Our total budget is about 24K, do you think this is a realistic budget thus far?  we just started planning about a week ago and everything is just overwhelming
  • edited December 2011
    So long as you are a somewhat sensible person, I would think $24k should be quite sufficient. Our guest list is about the same and we're doing it for quite a bit less. Since you're just starting, I might recommend that you look into investing in a planner. S/He can help you not feel so overwhelmed and can help with vendor suggestions, budget, design, etc., not to mention the most important part - day of coordination.

There are tons of great places that will work for your budget but you should know - many photographers (that's the sector I know of for sure but I'm betting venues, music, etc.) are booking up quickly for next August. Don't freak out but definitely start booking all of the types of vendors that can only do one or two weddings a day. Venue, entertainment, officiant, photographer, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    At $24K for 150 people there are very few places or caterers that are off limits -- maybe some of the fancier downtown hotels, or Jewel Hospitality (they have a lot of swank venues). I always like to recommend my map, which has the capacity listed for most venues.

Seattle wedding venues map.

We used the Rainier DAR, which was very nice, though I will say that if you have 150 guests show up it will feel very tight on space.

• edited December 2011
    Righy now, we are waiting on quotes from The Canal(Jewel Hospitality),  The Yacht Club on Lake Union(rasvishingradish), and chambers bay golf club.  Anyone have any experience with these?
  • ckonidakckonidak member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also consider the Grand Willow (if you're willing to go that far north) and the Bear Creek Country Club. Both are beautiful, fit your budget and guest list.  It all depends on what style you're going for. Good luck! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You definitely need to start booking very soon. Many venues are already fully booked for July and August of 2011. My wedding is in July and I have already had to deal with vendors being completely book already. I know it's overwhelming, but you will be very upset if you find a vendor that you completely  fall in love with and then find out they are booked. Good Luck and definitely keep using us as a resource!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • shelui4shelui4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our wedding is in August 2011 and we have 150 guests also. Not to scare you but a lot of vendors are booking up fast esp the popular ones. We booked our venue back in February of this year.. 18 months before the wedding but at least we were able to get that taken care of. That's the biggest check and it's a relief. One of the venues we checked out was the The Yacht Club on Lake Union and the quote we received for 150 people was around $14K but not including alcohol. We ended up going for another venue which fitted us more perfectly to what we wanted but definitely try to find your venue soon so you don't end up settling.

• edited December 2011
    We also tried bear creek cc, waiting for their qoute.  Thanks ckonidak!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, also, welcome and congratulations! :D

• edited December 2011
    If you're having trouble finding something, PM me with your email address and I can send you a venue excel that I made. Niq's list is awesome but his and mine may compliment eahc other. You might also consider moving it to... Tacoma. We have some really cool places that might be a bit slower to book.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the welcome :)
    We are currently waiting on qoutes/replies from:

The Canal(Jewel Hospitality)
     The Yacht Club on Lake Union(rasvishingradish)
    Chambers bay golf club
    Bear Creek CC
    and Lake Union Cafe

Do you guys have any feedback on any of these venues?
  • erathmerathm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be getting married this January (1-1-11) at The Hall at Fauntleroy. We are planning on about 150-175. The venus provides options for both the ceremony and reception in one location. the caterers (Tuxedos and tennis shoes) are FANTASTIC we went to a tasting event and were blown away. They are VERY accomodating and work with any size bduget. Check them out...  We booked in May of 2010 for our wedding in January 2011.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ckonidakckonidak member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Echo Falls Golf Course is also a lot like Bear Creek, I would check there as well! The Wedding Coordinator with Echo Falls was fantastic and they are redoing their outdoor space so I'm sure by next summer it will be beautiful!  Good Luck, and like PP said, be sure to book quickly! We booked our venue for Aug 2011 back in May because they were filling up! Same with our Photographer!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think we are leaning towards bear creek at the moment because echo falls has to flip the room if we do a ceremony there.

So far we have visited New Castle GC, The Hotel Deca, and Going to Lake Union Cafe Today.  We are visiting the Bear Creek next week on Weds.  Hope it turns out okay! 
  • edited December 2011
    WE had our reception at The Bellevue Club Hotel. Very reasonably priced. We had about 125 people and we just had a food/beverage minimum of 10k to meet. WE spent slightly over that on our minimum and that was with food and drinks.
  • irshis20irshis20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want downtown Seattle classy, check out the Arctic Club hotel's Dome Room. It's swanky and you could do it for $14k or under. Since it's summer, you might want to check out Seattle Tennis Club, as well. And the Edgewater Hotel is very nice!

On the Eastside I like Willows Lodge, or if you want an outdoor wedding try Robinswood House or Clise Mansion (which would both be considerably under your budget since you would hire an outside caterer).

In general, anyplace where you can hire an outside caterer and/or bring in your own alcohol will save you a TON of money. Do not underestimate the cost savings.
  • flippinsweetflippinsweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at Chambers Bay and were very impressed with their level or service but it just wasn't quite the view we were looking for.  The tent is nice and if you or your fiance is into golf, it could be the perfect venue.  Good luck!  :)  it's a jungle out there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards