Alabama

Hunstville Ceremony/Reception Ideas....?

Hello ladies!  My fiance and I live in Los Angeles but all of our family is on the east coast so we're exploring all of our options.  My parents live in Athens, AL so we're checking out the whole Hunstville area but I haven't been able to find much when searching on line.  Has anyone been to or had a wedding someplace that they really liked?  Thanks ladies!!

Re: Hunstville Ceremony/Reception Ideas....?

• hckaczynhckaczyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are quite a few places I looked at that are pretty good.

I'm getting married at a place called Annabella at Cedar Glen, which is a antebellum-style house with 3 acres of gardens. There's Monte Sano State Park, Burritt on the Mountain, Huntsville Roundhouse Depot, Huntsville Museum of Art, and the Westin if you are looking for a hotel - it's gorgeous. The first three are more historic/outdoorsy places. The Embassy hotel might also do weddings. The Huntsville Botanical Gardens is also really popular.

I recently went to a wedding at The Davidson Center at the Space and Rocket Center. We ate underneath the Saturn V rocket - pretty cool.

Good luck! Let me know if you need any other tips.
    imageAnniversary
  • MadeOfAwesomeMadeOfAwesome member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's also the Chapel on the Mountain.  I got married where hckczyn is getting married... at Annabella.  It's absolutely gorgeous!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Ledges in Huntsville is also a beautiful place if you like the golf course/country club feel. It's huge and gorgeous.

Stu, your sig is cute!!
    imageAnniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I forgot about the Ledges.  I've never actually been there.  We pretty much decided on Annabella right away without even looking at other places.

And thanks!!  I like yours too!  Your ring is beautiful!  By the way, I snuck a peek at your profile... where is that covered bridge??
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! It's at Green Mountain nature trail in the Jones Valley area. It's really pretty up there. FI and I go every few months; it's also where he proposed.
    imageAnniversary
    edited December 2011
    Cool... I'll have to drag Adam up there sometime!!
  • FutureMrsJTFutureMrsJT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for all of the great ideas!  I especially loved the Museum of Art and boy oh boy is it cheaper than LA! haha  Thank you ladies so much!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I know this is late and I'm know there are repeats here but the list I worked from:
    The Summit (it's on top of the RBC bldg in Big Spring Park area)
    Mitchell Plantation
    Riverbend Event Center (I believe this more like an hour away from Hvil)
    Marriott Shoals
    The Officer's Club (on Redstone Arsenal)
    500 Gooch Place - hard to find info but it's like a one room bldg you set up or have set up
    The Ledges
    U.S. Space and Rocket Center
    Burritt Museum
    Huntsville Botanical Gardens
    The Lowry House
    The Weeden House Museum
    EarlyWorks Museum
    Roundhouse (old Train Depot)
    Heritage Club - this is being moved to Bridgestreet sometime - they couldn't give me an exact date 4 months ago
    Museum of Art
    Monte Sano Lodge
    Huntsville Country Club

Many of those places I ruled out because of the # of guests. 

Also - are looking for a DJ or a band?  The DJ i'll be having is called Metropolitan Disc Jockey.  Take a look at his site.  He's a great guy! (I play hockey with him and another guy that works for him) He does GREAT lighting work.  Plus, on his site he has many of the above mentioned venues plus he'll be able to help suggest people to use such as caterers, etc that he has good experiences with.

http://www.metropolitandiscjockey.com/
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I have been to wedding receptions at the Early Works Museum and at the Huntsville Roundhouse and both are great locations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • longman801longman801 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a good time for Clearance Sales, and since you are getting

married in the fall, there should be plenty as they prepare for the

Spring dressed to arrive. Also, there are so many clothing resale shops

now, and they have beautiful dresses. You have time, so shop till you

are sure you found the perfect dress!!

http://www.theweddingstyle.com/evening-dresses-c-31.html
    http://www.theweddingstyle.com/cocktail-dresses-c-32.html">
    http://www.theweddingstyle.com/cocktail-dresses-c-32.html

• edited December 2011
    Joined on
    10-13-2010
    ALABAMA
    Total posts: 1
    First: 10/13/2010

Last: 10/13/2010

I am looking for a venue in Huntsville/madison, al surranding area for a small wedding for my daughter. Less than 6 people.  She really wants something that would be decorated for Christmas  something quaint. Somewhere she could have a Cake for pictures purposes only,  and just not have to go to the court house.  She and her boyfriend are trying to get married before he goes to afganistan after the holidays. Any ideas would be appriecated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards