Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

slim chocolate brown suits/tuxes

Our colors are chocolate brown, chartruse (green), and ivory. Here's the palette:
  http://www.theperfectpaletteblog.com/2010/07/palette-of-chartreuse-chocolate-brown.html

The bridesmaids will be in the green color and my FI and I have agreed that it would look really sharp for the groomsmen to be in chocolate brown (and me with an ivory or off-white gown..... perfect!)

However, FI (and most of his groomsmen) are all VERY thin, and sometimes regular suits/tuxes just look too big and baggy.  FI and I love this slim look from J.Crew and would like this style for the groomsmen:

Obviously, because of the price, we can't buy those suits... and we're having a very difficult time finding slim chocolate brown suits to rent.   Suggestions??

Re: slim chocolate brown suits/tuxes

• gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if you'll find anywhere that rents suits (esp. slim suits), but I know Men's Warehouse and a few other tux shops rent brown tuxes.

Also just an FYI we just got suits for all of our GM from Men's Warehouse - we found a great suit on sale for 199 with buy one get one free - so total for each guy will be about 180 for a new suit and dress shirt that the guys get to keep! We purchased ties for them as a part of their gift. - for my bro's wedding in Oct, the tux rental for FI was about 170 so for 10 dollars more, the guys get to keep a suit and shirt out of the deal! Might be worth a look for you!
  • edited December 2011
    Like gmc22, our guys ended up buying suits, but we got ours from Jos A Banks.  We got tan ones but I'm sure they have some brown options, too.  They were having a HUGE sale and we got $600 suits for about $175 each.  We bought nice solid color satin ties from Men's Wearhouse when they had a buy one get one free sale.  And my fiance will just pick out a white shirt at Macy's or somewhere rather cheap and tell them all to go buy the same one.  

A brown suit would be something that could be easily worn again so it might be worth it to find one that's within your guys' budgets and have them buy rather than rent.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing brown suits from American Commodore.   They have a subtle pinstripe.   I've seen the suits at other rental places as well.   They have promotions going all the time, too, so you never play their listed prices. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards