Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

How would this taste?

One of the options for our reception venue is citrus champagne chicken. I like the idea of champagne because it symbolizes a celebration, but how do you all think this would taste?

Re: How would this taste?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you mean one of the entree options is citrus campagne chicken?  Will your reception venue let you do a food tasting?
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can see how it would taste delicious.  I can also see how a caterer can seriously screw it up.  You have to do a tasting.  That is the only way to know.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, you'd have to taste it to answer the question. A hamburger from McDonald's is very different than one in a fancy pants place, you know?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    champaing chiucken is a very tasty meal; never had citrus added to it, but I'm sure it would be fine.  It's kinda like chicken marsala, but not completely
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how the champagne would taste with it, but I'm all for adding booze to food. A weekly dinner staple for me is citrus chicken because it's delicious and healthy. I've done it with pineapple, orange, mango, lemon, and nectarine, and they're all really good when grilled with chicken.
  • Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the champagne would add a nice flavor to the chicken - the alcohol will have evaporated with the cooking process so no worries about that!

I would schedule a tasting to be on the safe side.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards