Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Blocking off hotel rooms for the wedding...

We are getting married at Riverdale Manor in Lancaster.  Riverdale Manor lists 2 hotels that they suggest to book rooms at if people need them.  Anyway, I was wondering how far in advance from the wedding are you supposed to block rooms for guests to book?  We are getting married October 2012 - do you have any advice on when to do this?

Thanks!

Re: Blocking off hotel rooms for the wedding...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got engaged in February and we had a place by the end. They let me book my rooms in March although they say they typically do it from about a year out on.
  • Options
    ncd5015ncd5015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As soon as we signed the contract with our reception venue, they told us to contact the manager of the room blocks. I don't think it's too early for you to start. Call and see what they have to say!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with with PP have said.  It's never too early to block rooms!
  • Options
    bridalgal50bridalgal50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, if the hotel allows you to book at this point (1 year in advance), go ahead and do it! October is a huge wedding/tourist season for this area.
  • Options
    slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married the Riverdale Manor too!! We are using the Courtyard Marriott hotel near by that they suggest. They let you block rooms 1 year or 11 months in advance. We are getting married July 14, 2012 and they let us block starting August 1, 2011.
    To get the shuttle that Riverdale advertises, you must have at least 10 rooms booked by your guest.
    To get the free overnight bridal room, you must have at least 15 rooms booked by your guest.
    Make sure when you sign the hotel's contract that the contract states about the shuttle and the overnight room because they don't like to advertise that they do this. They didn't put the free overnight room on my contract at first until I complained. So check that.

The contact info for booking is Adrianne Mengal adrianne.mengel@marriott.com

Who is your coordinator at the RDM??! I have Troy and love him!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    jnpfautzjnpfautz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!!  Thank you so much slpankuch!  We weren't sure which hotel we were going to choose - my FI's aunt has points at the Hampton Inn but I don't really know either hotel in that area so I didn't know which one was better.  A free room would be nice though!!  We should have plenty of people booking rooms because his whole family is pretty much coming in from out of town and will need somewhere to stay!

Our coordinator is also Troy - he is awesome!!  I think we got very lucky having him as our coordinator! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards