Ohio-Cleveland

Timeline question

My wedding is Sept 2013..I have a lot planned but there are a few things I'm unsure of when to get started. How far in advance should you start looking at bakeries (cupcakes)? Also, when did you start your registry? Thanks!!!

Re: Timeline question

• Thought of another..when did you book hotel rooms for guests and how dies that typically work? Thanks!
  • I'm also getting married in September.  I did a block of hotel rooms right after booking my venue.  Just call up hotels nearby and they'll explain how THEIRS work.  They're all different.  I'm doing mine at Hampton Inn.  Call a few and compare prices/deals.  As for bakeries, I'm attending two bridal shows in hopes of getting ideas and whatnot and I'm going to a tasting in early February for the bakery I think I'm going to book (Tapp's Emporium).  I always say the sooner, the better.  Good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_timeline-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:110Discussion:df8bb2fc-54c0-4622-a454-0cd2d66014c7Post:d08439bb-96bd-4726-a83d-edafe0b24c45">Timeline question</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is Sept 2013..I have a lot planned but there are a few things I'm unsure of when to get started. How far in advance should you start looking at bakeries (cupcakes)? Also, when did you start your registry? Thanks!!!
    Posted by hemmons[/QUOTE]

As I started planning 2 months ago I realized there is no "right way". I have just booked things as they came to me. For example music and transportation was a bit overwhelming so I moved onto to honeymoon stuff. I created a wedding website and wanted everything n there (registry, hotel etc) done first so that kinda led me. Good luck.
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
  • edited December 2012
    Registry you may want to get started on soon. I would say at least two months prior to bridal shower if you are having one. Hotel room book block soon and hotel should give you details on how guests can book room within the block. For bakeries, start shopping around now. Reason I say this that it gives you time to check out different places and compare prices. You don't want to wait too long to book because the really good cupcake places may book up their schedules quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards