Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Suggestions on Song for ceremony!?!

I have been thinking about walking down the aisle to "Lost in this Moment" by Brooks and Dunn instead of doing a traditional song (My ceremony is not at a church, its our reception hall and we have a family member marrying us). I just can't seem to picture in my head if it will sound nice or if it will be cheesy to play a song instead of doing an instrumental song. Any suggestions??

Re: Suggestions on Song for ceremony!?!

• edited December 2011
    Good question. I hope someone responds because I was thinking the same. Songs with words can be ok for guests being seated but us to walk down to? I have 16 days to decide!
    ME:44 MH:42 DE IVF 2013
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding where the bride used "From this moment" by Shania Twain and it was beautiful
  • Berk2009Berk2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having similar issues. I know my music, but I don't know if it is odd or not to mix Contemporary music with Traditional, ie. Mothers get seated to traditional, bridesmaids walk to contemporary, I walk down to traditional.
  • edited December 2011
    IMO you need to pick a theme. Either use traditional or contemporary. Personally I don't want to use the traditional wedding march. I think I'm going to walk down to Somewhere over the rainbow. I'm having a outdoor casual wedding as well.I've been to a wedding that she played "At Last" and it was beautiful. Hope this helps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think it would sound cheesy at all.  I went to a wedding where all of the music was traditional but when the bride walked down the aisle they played "Beautiful Day" and it was perfect.
  • edited December 2011
    Im thinking of doing the same. I dont like the traditional march but wasnt sure if i should stay all contemporary or what? The ceremony is supposed to reflect you so i say do whatever you like.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards