North Carolina
Options

It's too cold. Need a new venue!

We were having an outside wedding but it is going to be too cold in November. Being from California, I really thought it would be no big deal. It's expected to be 42 degrees. Much lower than what was originally forecasted. 

Even though invitations are already out, I need to change venues. Like, tomorrow. What are some decent venues in the raleigh area for around $6,000 or less?

Thanks!

Re: It's too cold. Need a new venue!

• Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What was your original venue? Do they have ANY indoor space?
  • Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I would call your current venue and see if there is any back up plan. That or see how much it would be to maybe rent a tent/heater? NC's weather has been rather wonky recently so it could very well be 'cool' weather, but perhaps not 'cold' weather.

What locations are you looking in and how big of a space is needed?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Originally we were going to have it at my parents house in the backyard. They live on a beautiful golf course and the backyard is simply amazing. I cannot imagine her being happy about moving all of the marble to a storage location for a few hours so that we could move it inside of the house though. 

We are looking in the raleigh area and the wilmington area. We have a meeting on Sunday with the Ft Fisher Aquarium. That is a definite possibility. Please give me your ideas tough. 
  • Options
    hng0411hng0411 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Barn at Valhalla is beautiful & a barn. We shot a wedding there & loved loved loved it. Here are some photos from it: http://meettheburks.com/featured-weddings/lindsay-joe/ It had to be resonable because the bride & groom were on a tight budget. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If the backyard is flat, it would be easy to do tents and heaters so you might want to look into that.

The Stockroom in downtown Raleigh is a cool space that recently opened so you may get lucky and they haven't booked their November dates yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of your help ladies. We signed a contract with ft fisher aquarium. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards