Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Bridesmaids hair/makeup advice HELP

Hi everyone! Brides-if you are hiring a makeup artist, are you paying for your bridesmaids to have their hair and makeup done? Or do they pay for it? I'm not sure what to do! I know I want an artist to do it for sure though..

Re: Bridesmaids hair/makeup advice HELP

• Options
    If you are requiring your BM to have their makeup and hair professionally done then you have to pay for it.  If it's optional they do.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I wanted my girls to have their hair professionally done and they all agreed.  So I paid for them.  I personally think makeup is a matter of personal preference.  I normally don't like having my makeup professionally done and I would never have forced my BMs to have it done.  I told my girls that I would be having my makeup done and told them that they could add on to my appointment if they wanted to.  I told them the cost and left it up to them.  One of my BMs decided to do it, the other two did not.  All of them looked gorgeous regardless of professional or DIY makeup.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I can't afford to pay for them all, and I'm not really concerned with how they wear their hair, what color makeup they wear, etc. I offered the option to get their hair and makeup done at the salon with me. Everyone is getting their hair done and are paying for it themselves. I think they're doing DIY makeup, which is totally fine with me.

I agree that if you are requiring any certain hairstyle for your BMs or want them to get their makeup done professionally then you should pay for it. If it's optional, they can pay for it if they want it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • Options
    For my wedding we all DIYed our own makeup (helping eachother make sure it looked good etc.), and we had a pro come do our hair. I found the hair stylist that was willing to travel to my hotel to do my hair and then I let everyone know that if they wanted their hair done how much it would cost. Everyone paid for their own.
  • Options
    My daughters future Mother In Law offered to pay for the make up for my daughter, her 3 BM'S, me, as well as her own. It was very generous.  I am paying her travel fee as well as her trial run.  The BM'S are paying for their own hair but the girl is very reasonable.
  • Options

I didn't require my girls to wear their hair/makeup in a certain way. I just asked if they put accessories in their hair to stay with the white crystals like on their jewelry so that it would all match and for makeup no crazy colors. I let the girls know when & where I would be getting my hair & makeup done & the prices & asked if anyone else wanted to come with & I would arrange for a stylist to be available for them. Two of my BM lived on the opposite side of town so they opted not to come, two did come. I figured if they had a specific stylist they wanted to go to, they were free to do, or do their own hair, or come to salon with me, whatever they wanted, but then the cost was on them. I was only one that did makeup, everyone else did diy.

• Options
    TheVirginiansTheVirginians member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
    Please do not tell your girls to have their hair and make up done. It is very bridezilla. If you want a fun outing for it, invite them and pay for them.
  • Options
    I've been in a thousand weddings.  Any time hair and make up is optional, the girls pay.  Although, even when it's been said it's optional, I don't feel hair is optional.  If you're having a casual wedding, that's another story. For my wedding, I really want the girls to have their hair done, and there are a couple who probably would opt out if it's optional.  So, I've decided to pay for it.   The makeup, however, is totally optional.  Most of the girls figured that they're getting their hair for free, so they'll get the make up done too.  They'll pay for that part.  I don't like having my make up done, myself, but, eh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

• Options
    Please don't force your bridesmaids to get their makeup and hair done professionally.  I don't mind having my hair done, but I HATE getting my makeup done - I know how I like to look for different events and I would really dislike being forced into having products and colors I wasn't familiar with used on me.  I know many people feel this way about hair, too.

Leave the option open for them, but please please don't make them have it done.  I trust my own makeup skills far more than a stranger's, even if they are a "professional" I have no way of knowing just how good at doing makeup they really are...
  • Options
    im paying for mine my mothers and my moh (my sister) i let the BMs know who i was using for mine and that they are welcome to use her that morning as well if they would like but do not have to...same with the hair...so if they do it then they are paying for it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards