Oregon
Options

Wholesale flowers?

We'll be doing our own floral arrangements, and I need a place to find the flowers (roses, but in November...) and other supplies on a very limited budget. I live in Gresham, the wedding is in Vancouver, and I'm willing to do a little traveling to find the right place and price. Any ideas?

Re: Wholesale flowers?

• Options
    KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    when is the wedding?
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • Options
    grizzgurlgrizzgurl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think woodburn has a nursery
    KBLuv
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are a number of reputable online flower vendors that you can get roses from year-round.  I've used the following many times:

Fifty Flowers
    American Floral Distributors
    Whole Blossoms
    The Flower Exchange

Keep in mind that you'll need to have appropriate storage for them (5 gallon buckets work well).  You'll want to schedule their arrival for the Tues or Wed before the wedding as they will need at least 24 hours to properly re-hydrate before you start working with them.  You'll also want to pick up floral food powder and a spray preservative (Crowning Glory is good) when you order your flowers.  

Hope that helps!  Let me know if you have more questions :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Costco.com has roses for really inexpensive and they'll deliver on your specified date, free shipping
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    globalrose.com has a great deal on 500 roses.  Cheaper than anyplace I found in or near PDX.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it maybe out of the way but i went to the costco in Hillsboro, OR and they sale 75 roses for $45.00!!!  I thought that was an amazing deal!!!!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards