May 2012 Weddings

EMOTIONAL!

Oh my goodness... so i've found that when I have my period i'm like 100X more emotional lately when it comes to the wedding and my dad. Anytime I think about the wedding I cry... everytime I think about him...  I cry... everytime i think about him AND the wedding.. i bawl.

Usually i'm okay.. but the last few months.. when it comes to "that time of the month" i'm an emotional mess! FI is fabulous and understanding.. but it absolutely breaks my heart that my daddy won't be there for my wedding day. He was so excited for it.

I'm going to be emotional on my wedding day, and I would have been even if my dad was there.. but now I think it's going to be a million times worse. I think my mom and I will probably have a good cry that morning.. and i'm hoping that'll be that.

I have some ideas about what I want to do to "remember' him at the wedding, but it just doesn't seem like anything is going to be good enough.... oh well.

Thanks for listening ladies! I hope you all have the days you've dreamed of!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: EMOTIONAL!

• Ok, now I am crying.  I am so, so sorry that he will not be in the present to be with you.  I can only imagine.  We decided to get married because in 2010, we almost lost my father (6 mons in ICU).  I truly beleive he will be there with you and for you, there with you and your mother.  I believe that he will be watching, so proudly.  I can tell you truly hold him in your heart, and with that love he will be there.  And go ahead, cry.  You are allowed, by all means.  Just bring extra powder and wear waterproof mascara, but if you feel that need.  Cry away!
  • You have every reason to be emotional.  I can only closely relate to what you're going through, because my FI has lost both of his parents.  When he was going over our program and got to the In Memory portion we both fell apart.  I know it feels like there is never enough of a gesture to be made to remember these loved ones, but you and your mom will know how much you are honoring him in your heart.  ♥ and GKV to you. 
  • I know what you mean! The silliest things make me cry, but then again the silliest things piss me off to haha.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks for the kind words ladies.. i should clarify.... it's "that time" right now so reading all your posts and stuff and thinking about the wedding is making me unsually emtional. And then i just KNOW i'm going to be emotional that day. Anyways, thanks again for your kind words! You ladies are great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ugh, so sorry to hear.  I understand exactly what you mean about being at a loss of how to memorialize someone at the wedding.  Just know that he'll be there in spirit....hang in there!
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards