Kentucky
Options

Wedding Ceremony Venues

OMGoodness I had no idea it would be this diffucult to find a venue...do you know of anywhere with a nice sence or the potental for a great set up? I am in the Glasgow, Bowling Green area and I am kinda of open to anything and almost anywhere. I just want to find that place that just looks like where I can picture my wedding taken place and if affordable enought to have it there.  I would really perfer to have something under 1000 but I am willing to budge if the accomidations are worth it. 

Re: Wedding Ceremony Venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know the area so I really can't help much, but I think there have been discussions about this before if you look back in the older posts. I also think it was maybe Squirrly who knew some. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    RosemaryCBRosemaryCB member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am originally from BG, so let's see--

What about the gorgeous old L&N Train Depot in Bowling Green?  I have been to several weddings there and it is great!  Really unique and you are helping to preserve a part of history!

http://www.historicrailpark.com/facilityrentals.html

And let's see--there is also WKU, but I am not sure about how much they charge nowadays.

And there's also Federal Grove B&B in Auburn--very pretty!

Not sure about how many guests you plan on, but how about B&B's in the area?

Plus--
    Carroll Nicely Center
    Lost River Cave

I would definitely look at L&N! 
  • Options
    tinabean00tinabean00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the BG area too and we're getting married at the cave and I can't wait, it's absolutely gorgeous!  In Glasgow there is that B&B out by the narrows, that would be a beautiful setting, I think they have an outside space.
    The L&N does seem beautiful but it is pricey and small spaces, one room wasn't big enough to hold all my guests and I didn't want to split them up
    WKU would make for a beautiful back drop, but then you'd have to worry about students
    There B&B called 1869 I believe, there are no pics of weddings on their page, but my Fi knows a girl getting married there, looks nice
    There is also the Roxie in Franklin, which seems beautiful when I saw it at a bridal show, but the website doesn't look so great, but in person might be as beautiful as when I saw it.
    HTH!  Slim pickins around here :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    mandydennismandydennis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having problems finding a Venue in the Owensboro area. Any ideas?
  • Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about the BG or Owensboro areas, personally, so I can't make any concrete suggestions.  But:

Drive around.  Are there places that look appealing?  Stop in.  Ask if they host events.  Google them for reviews, etc.  If it's a college town like BG, find out where sororities hold their formals.  Look for a women's club & see if they have a location for rent.  Check the local Chamber of Commerce and/or Visitor's Center web page - many have event locations listed.  Dance studios, golf courses, fair grounds, race tracks, etc. can all be potential venues - depends on what the given site looks like and what you're going for.

And - don't forget to look for local wineries.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards