Iowa-Des Moines

Make-up?

What is everybody doing for your make-up? I really like the products I have now. I think the only thing I would want to get done is my foundation, but otherwise I like my eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadows, etc. Are you guys doing your own make-up?

Thanks for the help!

Re: Make-up?

• xandxheartsxxandxheartsx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing my own makeup because I can't afford to get it done. But I bought a brand called Lorac that I hear is great and lasts forever! I tried it out one day and after 9 hours of wear, it looked I had just applied it!
  • Zippy88kZippy88k member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing my own make up because it's a morning wedding...and I don't think anywhere is going to be open at 7 am...
  • edited December 2011
    I would LOVE to have my makeup done. I'm looking for a makeup artist in the Des Moines Area. If anyone knows of one, let me know. I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I am considering using the Salon Profesional's Academy in Ames for my make-up. Their website says it is $11. Yes, it's going to be done by a student, but there will be an instructor there to observe, and if the trial doesn't go well I'll have to reconsider my options, but I am hoping I can find someone there who will do a good job and then also use them on my wedding day. They have a whole list of services that are super budget-friendly including hair, manicures, waxing, and masages. The students need experience and my wallet could use a break, so I'm going to give it a shot! Here is the website I found: http://www.tspacademy.com/services.html. Good luck!
    image 31 Total invites!
    image 21 Are ready for a good time! image 7 Are sorry to miss the fun! image 3 Are making me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm thinking of doing the Saloin Professional's Academy as well. Back in high school, everyone went there for prom, so I think they should do pretty good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Ah I didn't even think about going there!! Thank you ladies!

• edited December 2011
    I have heard that the MAC counter is another good spot!!  I have not been and have wondered the same thing myself!
  • babygirl7727babygirl7727 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to Salon Vesta in Ankeny.  I had my trial there and she did an awesome job - I would highly recommend going there.  Julianna was the girl that did my makeup.
  • ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are some awesome ladies at the Jordan Creek Younkers at various make-up counters.  They don't charge for their services but some (not all) do require you to make a purchase...which I think it just common courtesy for their time and effort.  

Emily J and Lisa W  @ Bobbi Brown counter
    Sue W and Jess @ Clinique
    Megan, Cara or Brittiany @ Estee Lauder
    Bicky C @ Orgins (does amazing eye make-up!)

They're all fantastic!  I am having a tough time narrowing down who I am going to for my big day....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Where are you registered?  I heard Dillards offers free makeup for you the day of your wedding if you are registered with them.

Otherwise, Sahar's in West DSM is AWESOME.  They have an airbrush makeup.  I'm sure they are a bit pricier, so depending on your budget, check them out!  You could have your hair and nails done there, too--one-stop shop!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards