Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Dinner Opinions Please!

My Fiance and I are trying to pick out three main courses to serve at our reception.  What would be the best choices? I want something common and not out of the ordinary. The choices are:

-Breaded Chicken
-Chicken Paprikash
-Oven Roasted Chicken
-Sliced Turkey Breast
-Beef Bougionne w/noodles
-Pepper Steak on a bed of rice
-Sliced Roast Beef
-Italian Sausage w/peppers and onions
-Hand Carved Ham
-Sliced Pork
-Swedish Meatballs
-Kielbasi w/sauerkraut
-Stuffed Cabbage
-Rigatoni w/meat
-Breaded Porkchops

Which 3 would be the best options for a typical wedding?

Re: Dinner Opinions Please!

• Options
    Yes, I do want a vegetarian dish
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_dinner-opinions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:fc6d7943-d033-4912-aad8-818fba46b0abPost:9d26840d-6926-4762-b187-004ecff84368">Dinner Opinions Please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My Fiance and I are trying to pick out three main courses to serve at our reception.  What would be the best choices? I want something common and not out of the ordinary. The choices are: -Breaded Chicken -Chicken Paprikash -Oven Roasted Chicken -Sliced Turkey Breast -Beef Bougionne w/noodles -Pepper Steak on a bed of rice -Sliced Roast Beef -Italian Sausage w/peppers and onions -Hand Carved Ham -Sliced Pork -Swedish Meatballs -Kielbasi w/sauerkraut -Stuffed Cabbage -Rigatoni w/meat -Breaded Porkchops Which 3 would be the best options for a typical wedding?
    Posted by xorissabearxo[/QUOTE]

I think the most "typical" wedding dinner would be Oven Roasted Chicken and Sliced Roast Beef or Sliced Pork.  The third would be a vegetarian.
  • Options
    My vote would be for either the Oven Roasted Chicken or the Sliced Turkey as one option and the other the Sliced Beef or the Breaded Porkchop with a vegetarian option as the third choice.  I think those four entrees are the most common on the list.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Some of the items you listed just don't scream "main course" to me.

For that reason I would probably pick the oven roasted chicken or sliced turkey as one option and the sliced roast beef as a second option and then a veggie option.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards