Christian Weddings
Options

You don't know me well, but I need prayer.

Hello ladies,
I don't usually put myself out here, especially when it comes to personal reasons, but I need to put my pride aside and ask for some help. My mom's best friend, Ann is only 60 this year, and has gone from perfectly healthy, to lying on her death bed as I type in 6 weeks. This is my mom's best friend, gave her her first bible, brought her to Jesus, and has always been there as a fantastic friend to my mother, and the rest of my family. My mom and ann were nurses for over 25 years, and my mom is giving ann 24 hour care until she goes to be with her Savior. 

So, that's a little back story, prayer for my mother, me and my family, and for ann's son George would be greatly appreciated. This is especially hard as my wedding is 12 days away, and I want this to be a joyous time for my family, not one of greiving. I am trying so hard to trust the Lord in this time, but I can't do it in my own strength. 
Until we say "I do" Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: You don't know me well, but I need prayer.

• Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry for your family, ann, and her family.  You are all in my prayers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear about this.  Saying a prayer for you all.  And everyone will know that your mom's friend would not want them to be grieving on your wedding day.  She sounds like a wonderful person from the little you have wrtten. 

Stay strong and remember that it's not good bye just see you later. 
    "Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
  • Options
    twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praying!!  It's good that Ann is in good hands :-)

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry. We will definitely pray for you!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That does sound difficult.  My prayers go out to you at this time.
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praying. I'm so sorry.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear your mom and Ann's family is going through this. Prayers for everyone

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry. I will pray for your family and Ann and her family. Your mom and Ann both seem like wonderful women. 
  • Options
    eternalmariaeternalmaria member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ladies, thank you so much for the prayers, they are what have gotten my mother and the many who took care of ann through this past week. Ann went to be with the Lord Jesus at 5 O clock this afternoon, and for that I am thankful, because she is no longer sufferring. The process of realizing she is truly gone will be hard, but I know she would have wanted this time to be a joyful one, and I'm working on regaining my happiness because I know it's what she would have wanted. Again, thank you for the love and support for a sister you don't know so well! 

XO
    Eternalmaria
    Until we say "I do" Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards