Ohio-Cincinnati

**VENDOR REVIEWS**

My wedding on 5/15/10 was awesome!  It could not have been a better day!  I really got a lot of help reading others' vendor review while planning my wedding, so I thought I'd do the same!  I

VENUE: Coney Island Moonlite Gardens: A+++++++++
I was THRILLED with the venue.  I really wanted an open-air, garden feel, but not like a backyard barbecue.  Moonlite Gardens was SO BEAUTIFUL, with the lights and candles.  The food was excellent, the service was also.  I got more compliments on the venue, people had never been there and were so impressed.  I really think this is an under-used venue in Cincinnati, I rarely hear about people using it.  The pricing is VERY reasonable, and it's so unique.  We were lucky and had PERFECT weather, but they do have a Plan B if it rains!

DRESS: Madison Avenue Bridal: A
I really loved my dress, and the price couldn't be beat.  It was $500, which is a David's Bridal price, but so much more unique and with great fabrics.  My dress looked great and I had tons of compliments.  It did take longer than expected for the dress to come in, but the staff was very helpful overall and it did come in in plenty of time!

BRIDESMAIDS DRESSES: David's Bridal: A+
We didn't really have to deal much with David's, but I LOVED the girls' dresses.  They were knee lengh silk shantung, really unique and looked beautiful on the girls.  So this is not really a review on service, just on the dress selection.  But we had no problems with dresses coming in, etc.

ALTERATIONS: Jackie (referred through Madison Avenue Bridal): A+++++
While I only needed minimal alterations, Jackie did an AMAZING job, and was so fast and CHEAP.  I highly recommend her.

FLOWERS: Marti's Floral Designs: A+++++++++
My flowers were my favorite part of my wedding.  After my original florist flaked out and left with my deposit 4 months before the wedding, Marti stepped in and took my vision to an even better place.  The flowers were absolutely stunning, she really worked with my budget, and Marti could not be more friendly or helpful.  A slight snafu with one missing corsage, but overall HIGHLY recommended.

CAKE: Affordable Wedding Creations: B+++
Ok, in terms of price, can't be beat.  And Peggy was SO nice and helpful.  I also got tons of compliments on how the cake tasted (I wouldn't know, I only got what was smashed in my face).  But I was a little disappointed on the design.  I brought in a picture of a pretty simple but modern cake, and the outcome fell a little short for me.  Still pretty, but that's why not the "A."  I think they do a little better with more traditional designs.  However, the service was great, and free delivery and silver cake stand were included.

DJ: Kevin Henderson (through Greg Lee Music): A++++++++
Kevin was awesome!  Great to plan with ahead of time, so friendly and fun, and did a great job at the wedding.  I highly recommend him, and the price was right.

PHOTOGRAPHER: Thomas Bartler: A+++
I haven't seen to finals yet, but my pics are posted on his website (so you can go there if you want to see anything!)  I really loved working with Thomas.  He was so friendly, and would do anything you wanted to get great pictures.  He is not one of the more well-known photogs around here, but he doesn't miss a single thing at the wedding and takes tons of shots to make sure to get the right one.  I was very happy with working with him all day.  And again, this is actually where I trimmed the budget which I know most brides don't do, and he did great.

CEREMONY MUSICIAN: Richard Goering,classical guitarist (from Alt Trio): A+++++
Richard did an excellent job.  He was very professional, prepared with the music we wanted, arrived on time and performed perfectly.  I got a lot of compliments on the ceremony music, so I would definitely recommend him.  He also gave me a very fair price.

TUXES: Pepe Ramundos: A+++
I really loved Pepe's I thought they were great to work with and the prices were good.  All the guys looked AWESOME.  One groomsman showed up and his jacket was too small, and in minutes they were able to get him one that fit.  My only complaint is that it's a little off the beaten path for the guys to go get measured, pick up the tuxes & return, but overall it was worth it.

HONEYMOON: Excellence Resort Riveria Cancun: A++++++++++++++++++++++
Ok, I know this is not techincally part of the wedding, but I have to give a shout out.  This place was beyond expecations!!  All inclusive, adults only, the resort was ABSOLUTELY gorgeous.  Our room was beautiful.  The staff were the friendliest people I ever met, there was nothing they wouldn't do for you.  Food was AMAZING (7 different restaurants, the French place was the best but none were bad).  Drinks were great (and we had a lot of them!)  The beach was beautiful and clean, and at least when we went, not too crowded (easy to get an umbrella seat).  My husband and I did not want to leave and plan to visit other Excellence resorts in the future. We also did a couple activities off the resort which were awesome (visiting Chichen Itza and a snorkeling trip), but you could easily stay on the resort and be content.  Price for 7 nights with airfare was only $3200.   HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Hope this helps some people, let me know if you have any questions :)  Good luck on all your weddings!

Re: **VENDOR REVIEWS**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards