Iowa-Des Moines

Anyone know where I can find the infamous TROLLEY?

Hello! I am looking for Trolley to rent on my wedding day...I have seen one around the Des Moines area and it was being used for a wedding party, but I have no idea who I need to call so I can look into renting it. Anyone out here have any information on this? Thank you soo much!Jen

Re: Anyone know where I can find the infamous TROLLEY?

• abja45abja45 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is what I know.  We wanted to use the 'downtown' trolley for our transport (the wedding weekend will all take place downtown so we thought that was appropriate).  However, since it is public transit it is not available for rent.  There is also a trolley through the variety club.  Check there website for more information. We opted not to research that trolley so I don't have any information on it.  Actually we are eally struggling with transportation right now.  Our wedding is April 17- which conflicts with Prom- therefore we are running into 5 hours mins- which is ridiculous when we have 10 blocks to travel.  I think my wedding party might be walking- haha
  • jenandtom2010jenandtom2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the lead!  I anxiously called the Variety Club and was told that the trolley is running through December and is then being retired because it's so old and they are constantly putting money into it.  BUMMER!!!I am so sorry you are having trouble finding transportation for your special day.  Do you have a large wedding party?
  • erinnhahnerinnhahn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Trans Iowa Charters -- I used it for my wedding just 2 weekends ago and it was fabulous!  And really cheap too!  Worth giving them a call.
  • jenandtom2010jenandtom2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just called Trans Iowa Charters and would you believe their trolley is the same trolley at the Variety Club?  They confirmed that it's being retired in December.  Penny there did say she would send me some pictures of a mini coach they have.  Anyone familiar with a mini coach?I don't want a limo, as I don't foresee that being very comfortable, and I don't want a bus.  Since I will be in my large wedding gown, I want to be comfortable and be able to move around easily.  Any other suggestions since it doesn't look like I'll be finding a trolley?Thanks!
  • aba7923aba7923 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in the same boat at you. I was originally looking at booking the trolly and then heard the radio didn't work and they were retiring it in December. I wasn't interested in a limo because I want to be able to stand up and move around. The school buses I felt were too "party bus" looking.  I did look at some mini buses, but I only liked the one that had the 'bench' seating along the sides.  I didn't like the idea of the 'row' seating on the mini buses. Soooo, I ended up booking with Shenangigans.  It is a rather larger motorcoach or bus, but it is cheaper than some of the others and is very roomy for peopoe to get up and walk.  Also, the sound system is awesome so it will get your party started off on the right foot!!! They are located out of Boone, and are $180/hour with a 2 hour minimum.  Here is the website: http://www.limousineiowa.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards