Nebraska-Omaha
Options

How about The Magnolia or Scoular?

Anyone have any input on these reception venues?
Thanks

Re: How about The Magnolia or Scoular?

• Options
    HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Scoular last May and had a good experience with them.  I thought the rate was reasonable for what they offered and the location was gorgous.  I got quite a few compliments on the ballroom.  Parking was really nice and a big reason I picked it.  I worked with Lisa and liked her.  One thing, though, do not use Wheatfields off their list of caterers. I did not have a good experience with them.

Let me know if you have any questions!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will be having my wedding at Scoular in December!  So far I love everything about it, we are goiing with Catering Creations for our catering. Scoular's ballroom is very nice and great prices.

Magnolia is a very nice hotel and great place also. But they are alot more expensive than Scoular, I believe that the prices for a wedding reception held at Magnolia starts aroud $13,00 so it just depends on your budget.
    Philip && Tinya 12.11.10
  • Options
    KingCherylKingCheryl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    any pictures huskerfanz?
  • Options
    HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://tinyurl.com/yh2kczb

Password: bnp1195
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • Options
    tarmar81tarmar81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was married in The Magnolia's courtyard but I didn't have my reception there.  I would have, had it not been booked that evening.  However, depending on the number of guests, it is not THAT expensive (ie: $13,000) to have your reception there.  It's really beautiful. I'd just call with your estimated number of guests and get a cost estimate.

The wedding coordinator there is a bit of a drill sergeant, but she does her job very well.  She kind of offended a few people in my wedding party because she is really no-nonsense and comes off a bit harsh.  However, I can't complain because she orchestrated and set up my ceremony really well, so I was happy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kmg977kmg977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to weddings at both, and they are both amazing places! I would have to say though my Fiance's aunt had her wedding at the Magnolia 2 years ago and WOW, amazing.  Their courtyard is absolutely an amazing place for guests to hangout at and is beautful.  It is so convenient for guests to also just go up to their rooms.  It may be a little more pricey, but worth it!!! Also check into 1316 Jones St.  Very unique place with a lot of character!!! U cannot go wrong with either place though! : )
  • Options
    jasarahjasarah member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in a wedding at Magnolia - it was absolutely breathtaking (IMO).  Half the people were outside in the courtyard during the reception (actually roasting marshmallows, lol), and the rest were inside dancing.  The bride got the Presidential Suite, and that is over $900/night (or so they say).  She had her wedding on a Friday night, so the price was almost cut in half.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't recommend getting married at Magnolia Hotel unless you really enjoy the headaches that will come from dealing with the wedding coordinator.  We're getting married there in June and all we have had is mistakes and excuses.  Looking back, as much as I think it's an incredible venue, I'm wondering if it's worth all the hassle.  Maybe I'm just having a bad experience there????
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've had a great experience with our wedding coordinator Leanna at the Magnolia. She can be serious sometimes but, we have some laughs along the way. More than anything, I appreciate how much she cares and is attentive to the details. Like I've said in other postings, I would take my wedding where ever she is as long as it was a beautiful place!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!! Leanna the coordinator is no longer at the Magnolia!!!!!!!!! Freakin out here! Got a call from the "new Director" telling me she isn't there anymore! That girl loved what she did so I know she didn't leave on her own, and we had a great relationship so I know she would've called me if she had a chance to. I bet that "Director" had something to do with it!! There was something about what he said and how he said it that sounded VERY VERY FISHY!! My mom is sooooo MAD! We are spending a lot of money there and ONLY chose the location because of her! There were 2 other locations we were seriously thinking about but went to Magnolia because she was so genuine and knew what she was talking about on every topic we threw at her including those we never thought of!! My mom is going to call the General Manager and raise hell! Spread the word Knotties to everyone, anyone you know that is getting married there to raise hell and demand compensation and I bet they'll do something for you BUT YOU GOT TO SAY YOU BOOKED ONLY BECAUSE OF HER OR THEY PROBABLY WON'T TAKE IT SERIOUS ENOUGH. IF YOU ALREADY TALKED TO THEM YOU CAN ALWAYS SAY THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT IT THE MORE UPSET YOU ARE OVER IT. And tell everyone you know NOT to book there since the manager obviously don't know a good employee when they've got one!!! Who knows what weddings will be like now that she's gone!!!! Oh God, oh God, oh God, please make sure my wedding isn't a disaster!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards