July 2013 Weddings
Options

NWR: ugggghhh @ my job

I used to be a retail manager.  I quit because of a lack of work/life balance.

I now work at a bank.  In the few short months I've been there I haven't heard ONE person say ONE good thing about working for this particular company aside from liking some of the customers.  The co-workers I've had since I've started complain about it all of the time making it a super negative place to be.  Come next week, I'll have been at our particular branch the longest amount of time aside from our long-time veteran who had said that the only reason she hasn't left is because she can't find another job that will pay her the same and give her the same time off for the amount of experience she has.  Everyone else has quit or transferred.  That kind of turnover is ridiculous.

My own personal dislikes have only been centered around hypocrisy imposed by some of our management team be I attribute most of that to specific people, rather than the company as a whole.  I was really hoping that this would be my "career job" but all of this negative energy makes me sick!  I've determined that one's personal longevity with the company is dependent on how much BS you can tolerate.

Oh, and so much for having "cushy bankers hours".  I still had to miss FSD's birthday party and I haven't been able to attend a single one of FSD/FSS's winter-season extra-curricular activities in its entirety (and only one last fall).  So glad I quit that job where I was making more money due to a lack of life/work balance. If I didn't have so many student loans already I'd quit and go back to school to get my teaching cert.  3rd graders would be far more enjoyable.
Formerly known as flutterbride2b

Re: NWR: ugggghhh @ my job

• Options
    Sorry it's a suck job :-( Those are the worst. Have you started job searching without quiting? Then at least you won't have to go jobless and still be able to keep up on the loans.
  • Options
    I agree with pp. I can COMPLETELY relate to a bad work environment. Ive been at my job for 1 yr come March and not 1 day has gone by that I don't curse everyone under my breath and come home with a b*tchfest of complaints. Good luck on your job search. Maybe you'll come across something unexpected :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards