Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Hair and Makeup for MOH and MOG

I'm having a budget wedding and cannot afford to pay for the MOH and others to have their hair and makeup done, and I have not asked them to have it done professionally.  I also haven't told them how they have to wear their hair or makeup as I trusted their judgement on how they wanted to look that day.  I'm having my hair and makeup done professionally as a gift from my mother (aka I'm not even paying for myself).  Is it wrong for me to get my hair and makeup done professionally if I'm not asking others to?

Also, the MOG has been asking me if I can do their hair and makeup that day.  I know that with all that is going on I'm probably not going to have time to sit people down and do their hair and makeup for them.  Is it totally wrong of me to expect them to do their own instead of me doing it for them?  My mom is doing her own hair and makeup that day.  I mean, I feel like I'm going to be so busy with other stuff, but at the same time, if it is expected that I as the bride either pay for their hair and makeup or do it for them, I don't want to be that witchy bridezilla who just refuses.

Opinions?

Re: Hair and Makeup for MOH and MOG

• No, you are not wrong in either area. If brides require pro hair and makeup, then they should pay for it. But if you are not, then your girls have the option to do whatever they wish and that is ok. I had my hair done and told my girls that I would be at X salon at X time and would make an appointment for them if they wished, or they could do their own. Getting your stuff done and them not isn't like eating in front of someone. As the bride you have the right to look as good as you can!

As for your FMIL, she is being way to presumptuous. You have enough on your plate and should not be asked to play MUA to them on your wedding day. She can either do her own or hire it done. I can't believe that she had the audacity to ask you to do that on your wedding day! Tell her that you simply have too much going on that day-- believe me, you wont have any time for that nonsense.
    Photobucket
  • Wow, that's incredibly presumptuous (and rude) of your FMIL to assume that you would have the time, energy and desire to do HER hair and makeup. I hope that you'll be able to tell her no - that's not being a bridezilla, just being straight up honest. Hopefully she'll get the hint that her request is out of line.
    Anniversary
  • My BM asked me to hers for our wedding day (I do her make-up all the time) but quickly realized that might be asking a bit much (I think my facial expression had something to do with it).

We are having a MUA/hair stylist come to our suite (DW) to get everyone ready. Mom & I are splitting the cost.

You are not wrong on either point. As long as you make it clear to them that you don't expect them to do anything you are in the clear on not paying for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm paying to get my hair done professionally, because I am wearing it up and I'm a spaz with updos.  I am doing my own make up and my BMs are doing their own hair and make up (they're wearing their hair down, and all 3 of them are fully capable of doing a fab job on it).  I paid for their dress and shoes, but I just don't have the $$ to pay for a professional updo for them as well.  Or a MUA. 

So yah, I'm paying to get my own hair done and no one elses, and it's fine.  Everyone's cool with it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I would give them the info on the people who are doing your hair and make up along with prices they would pay. FMIL sounds crazy.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had a family member ask me to do her makeup for the wedding day.  I told her no.  I helped her with the look the night before the wedding, but there was no way I was doing someone else's makeup on my wedding day.  I did my own and that was enough. 

As for professional hair and makeup, you only pay if you are requiring your bridal party to do it.  You can find out if they are interested in getting their makeup done (and also paying for it).  You will definitely need to know in advance because the MUA might have to bring an assistant if many people are getting their makeup done.  
  • You can also suggest they go to ULTA, MAC or a similar store to have their make up done.  They can also make a cheaper appointment at Aveda or a school that does hair and make up

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards