New York-Western

Dj

im looking for Hispanic dj's around buffalo-niagara area? My stepbrother is a dj but moved to Puerto Rico in March and I don't know if he will be able to make the wedding and I don't want to take any chances. My family and Fiance family all listen to Spanish music except maybe 15%. And my Fiance and I favorite music is "bachata". So it's a must for us. Just wondering if I have a hit and miss on this board.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dj

• edited December 2011
    Hey girl I'm in Rochester and am in the same situation and have come up empty handed.

DJ's I've spoken to have said they can work with a playlist and will play music I've downloaded but I'm trying to lighten the load on my plate.

I'm losing sleep about finding a DJ.

191 Invited image 164 Are ready to party!! image 27 Are missing out image 0 Are making me wait imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • My brother was a great dj.  DjAvee but he moved to Puerto Rico in March.  And it's impossible for us to make a playlist for an American DJ. Cause sometimes the older crowd wants old school salsa and things like that.

I heard of a DJ Carlos, I think he's on facebook and charges around $500.  Not sure.  I will keep this board going to let you know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    $500 isn't bad at all.

191 Invited image 164 Are ready to party!! image 27 Are missing out image 0 Are making me wait imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • My future brother in law is a dj but he's in my wedding party that's another reason I'm looking for a dj reasonably price. I can pm you his name.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I found a DJ!!  Whirlin Disc Dj, they cover Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo.

They have a couple of DJ's on staff that know what I'm looking for and already have all the music.

Bachata, Merengue, Salsa and old school  Freestyle.

I'm mailing my contract today. Smile

• Thanks! I'm going to check them out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard of one of the bars on Chippewa that has salsa dance lesson night for $5.  If you search for that, you may be able to find out who their DJ is for it.  Maybe he would be able to do your wedding too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards