South Dakota

reception venues

Recently engaged and looking at reception venues in Sioux Falls.  Where do you think are good places to look at? Thanks!

Re: reception venues

• edited December 2011
    We're having ours at the Hilton Garden Inn in Sioux Falls. You could also look at Callaways, the Holiday Inn Downtown, the Sheridan, the Pavillion, Chef Domonique's Downtown or the Convention Center. It all depends on what you're looking for (i.e. how many people, what type of meal, formality, price, etc....).  Good luck and have fun!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The Museum of Visual Arts, the Old Courthouse Museum, The Brandon Golf Course (I realize it isn't IN Sioux Falls but I've heard some people choose that because it's not too far away...I've never seen it though).

I just signed the contract for our reception. It's early, but we knew what we wanted and wanted to make sure we got the date. We chose the Pavilion...they can do some neat things with their stages.

Good luck! Congrats :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nortonbailienortonbailie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The El Riad Shrine Mosque is where we're having our reception. It's got a great dance floor, plenty of room for guests, and Joel (the facilities manager) has been great about working with us on a couple of different ideas. 

• edited December 2011
    We are having ours at the Zoo...fun, different, and laid-back.
  • ry8907ry8907 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Brandon golf course is beautiful and has wonderful food!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LibbyC730LibbyC730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing the Brandon Holiday Inn.  There are a lot of kids on our guest list, so the waterpark will be something to look forward to a lot of our families!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards