Indiana

Planning Coordinator

Did you use a wedding coordinator?  If so, how did you go about finding one?

Re: Planning Coordinator

• vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My venue had a day of coordinator, and that was really awesome.  She helped coordinate our RD as well as the vendors the day of the wedding.

I don't know that I would've paid for one on my own, nor would I have paid somebody to plan the entire wedding.
  • indyindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

See if any other vendors you have hired have any recomendations. I used one and knew her and had already used her for some alterations. My wedding was defintely small (less than 100 guests) and I thought I could do all of it but thought about the work that it would take to set up the reception area (at the church) and I thought it would be nice to have my family and his not have to work the wedding so we all got to enjoy the rehearsal dinner and wedding and not have to set up tables, and everything else that goes along with the big day. Also it was great having people in the background that would watch all your valuables while the ceremony was taking place. Peace of mind with that. I was really glad that I hired someone that kept me on schedule and gave me advice about everything I was uncertain about. The great thing about a coordinator is if there are any mishaps on your big day, they will most likely know how to remedy them and you won't even know anything had been wrong. 

If you are getting married in the Indy area, check out Marie Frey of Fashions and Custom Creations.www.f-c-c-i.com She has many different packages to choose from to meet your needs.

• bridalmommabridalmomma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Indy!!!!!

I'm actually the MOB, but lucky for me I have a wonderful daughter who is letting me do all the idea gathering (LOVING IT!!!) and then her and FH decide what they like! On the advice of my DH we will be having a DOC.... that way we all get to just enjoy the wedding!! We are very fortunate, our DOC started out as a friend of my sister & quickly beecame a family friend. As for finding one I would ask for recomendations from friends, venders, your venue, even local bridal stores!! The more people you ask the more likely you are to find one!!Smile
  • owengirl996owengirl996 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm getting married in Indiana but live in MA, so felt I'd need some extra help. My mom actually found my coordinator at a bridal show. I didn't get to go, but she went with my sister last winter and got a good vibe from her, so I contacted her. She also gave me the bridal show discount, so I couldn't pass her up!

I don't know when your wedding is, but there are a lot of bridal shows after the holidays...I'd suggest trying one of those in your area!

imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011

We are using Simple to Elegant.  They are in Indiana and totally rock.  They have made our process so easy and have taken a lot of the stress of this whole planning process away from us.  We priced a lot of the so called "experts" and they blew them all away.  I would check them out and compare those prices with others.  Good luck!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards