July 2013 Weddings
Options

Can't resist. . have to AW myself.

As of this morning, I've lost 20 pounds since the begninng of October. :-D 

I've been seeing a personal trainer once a week, going to the gym on my own 4 times a week, and have made some sustainable and not-so-hard diet changes. 

I'm a long way from my final goal, but it feels good to be making some real progress. :) 

Does anyone else have any fitness/weight loss goals they are working on?? 

Re: Can't resist. . have to AW myself.

• Options
    Woooooooooooooooo!!!!! Go you!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Keep it up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!! 20 lbs is a huge accomplishment!

I'm personally pretty close to 30lbs lost (I gained a few pounds back after I went on a 3-month hiatus, wah.) and I have another 30ish pounds to go until my *ultimate* goal. I figure once I hit May, I'll stop trying to lose weight and stick to maintaining so I don't have to worry about my dress not fitting! 5 months to drop 30 lbs? We'll see!! haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    am- break it down thats 6 pounds per month :)

OP- congrats on the weight loss :) woot woot
  • Options
    Good for you girl! That is so great! I would love to get down a couple of sizes for the wedding, so maybe lose 10lbs and just really tone up. Once the new year hits FI and I agreed we'd join weight watchers and really crack down on working out. Good thing our weddings are in July and not near the holiday season lol, I'd be in trouble!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Great job!!!
    20 pounds is a huge accomplishment, any step closer to your goal counts ;)

FI lost 110 pounds (he was 300 pounds when I met him 5 years ago) and he was so motivated and worked so hard and I saw him struggle with it, but he did it - he's really an inspiration and is so healthy now.  Anyone who wants to change can, I saw it happen!!

My goal is kind of the opposite. Trust me, it's not any easier.  I'm trying to tone up and maybe even gain a couple of pounds, but in a very healthy way.  Lots of protein and pilates for me!

I think as long as we all have good support systems and motivation along with a good education on what is and isn't healthy, we can reach our goals!  Go ladies!!

xx!
  • Options
    AWESOME!!!! Keep up the good work!! So happy for you!!
    www.weddingwire.com/CandiceandKev
  • Options
    congrads and keep up the great work!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    I have really been slacking over the last 2 months, I have been so busy with work and exams. After the 13th of December I going to get back into my routine and hope to lose 25 pounds by mid June.

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

WooHoo!!! So exciting!!

I need to drop at least 30 pounds before March so I can finally look for a dress and be able to try on most in the store!!! I joined Spark people this weekend. Its pretty cool, they give you goals and calories you need to eat and burn to meet your weight loss goals. Kinda like weight loss for dummys, lol. So, we shall see.

On weight loss thoough, I was at court today for a case and ran into a court officer and she asked if I had lost weight!!! I was so psyched cause no one else has noticed. Maybe cause everyone else sees me everyday and this woman hasnt seen me in a month and a half or so. I am down about 10 pounds so far...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Options
    So many kick-ass ladies on here! Nice work, everyone. :) Whatever happened to our weekly accountability/motivation threads? Can we please get those going again? I definitely have some fitness/weight loss goals... I'm not shooting for a particular number, just a particular physique, if that makes sense. I want to drop body fat and put on some lean muscle, so whatever number I end up at, I'm good! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_cant-resist-have-to-aw-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:e3ff3c5a-6514-4cb1-95d1-a854cb6bbedaPost:a5a6e344-d373-4954-9254-2662c515c6af">Re: Can't resist. . have to AW myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]So many kick-ass ladies on here! Nice work, everyone. :) Whatever happened to our weekly accountability/motivation threads? Can we please get those going again? I definitely have some fitness/weight loss goals... I'm not shooting for a particular number, just a particular physique, if that makes sense. I want to drop body fat and put on some lean muscle, so whatever number I end up at, I'm good! 
    Posted by Chels&Jimmy[/QUOTE]

<div>FlutterBride was doing them before she went missing. I can certainly start them back up again. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_cant-resist-have-to-aw-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:e3ff3c5a-6514-4cb1-95d1-a854cb6bbedaPost:0b27b72d-0be5-4e33-8084-5573441ce2c8">Re: Can't resist. . have to AW myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can't resist. . have to AW myself. : FlutterBride was doing them before she went missing. I can certainly start them back up again. 
    Posted by WalkersFurMama[/QUOTE]

<div>That would be great! It's so hard to get/stay motivated during this time of year... chilly weather and holiday treats everywhere!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_cant-resist-have-to-aw-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:e3ff3c5a-6514-4cb1-95d1-a854cb6bbedaPost:cebf1d61-c339-47ea-94d4-270cd59f76a9">Can't resist. . have to AW myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]As of this morning, I've lost 20 pounds since the begninng of October. :-D  I've been seeing a personal trainer once a week, going to the gym on my own 4 times a week, and have made some sustainable and not-so-hard diet changes.  I'm a long way from my final goal, but it feels good to be making some real progress. :)  Does anyone else have any fitness/weight loss goals they are working on?? 
    Posted by WalkersFurMama[/QUOTE]

That's so great! Congrats girlie!!

I also have some weight loss goals (long term: 100lbs to get to a healthy BMI zone, short term: 2 lbs each week). I've made the healthy eating changes (which I find easier too), but I am just so busy and exhausted with school so I often fail on my work-out ambitions. I really admire your 5X per week work out schdule!  Go you!!

Keep with it too, even after you get to your final goal :)  I had a couple lectures last week that explained once your body loses fat, it wants nothing more than to replenish those stores  :P
  • Options
    Way to go!  

I have about 10 lbs I'd like to lose...I was forced to stop running about a year and a half ago, had foot surgery in May and I'm finally recovered enough to start running again.  I've been back at it for about 6 weeks but with the dark nights starting early, its hard to get out there.  I've found some yoga classes I like to add to the mix.  I'm hoping to get a few half-marathons under my belt before the wedding. 

If I don't lose all the weight, it'll be ok as long as I feel good.  :)

I'm in on the accountability threads!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards