May 2013 Weddings
Options

Hi from a NY/Outdoors/Garden/Vintage/DIY Bride-To-Be

Hello! I just thought I'd introduce myself :)
I'm 25 years old and have known that I'd be spending my life with my future groom since he and I were 15. You'd think that with a decade of knowing where we'd be ending up, we'd have everything involving the wedding and what we want it to be, figured out by now. In fact, as a project in highschool, we put together a wedding planner budgeting and detailing our "ideal" faux-wedding. We recieved an A on that one but fast forward to present day and our ideals have changed dramatically --- and our budget isn't quite as high as we imagined it would be! 
When he proposed to me (shortly after midnight on New Years, and oddly I didn't see it coming! HA!) we were flung into celebrations and overwhelmed with everyone elses ideas and suggestions for us and honestly, all of that commotion made me shut down a bit on the planning. I've been putting it off for the most part ever since. 
Now, though, with 10 months to go until the BIG DAY (May 18th!) I think I'm ready to dive in and hammer things out! 
We've had our venue for awhile -- outdoors at a garden center in upstate New York, so as long as the weather cooperates, the natural decor lends a hand and takes a load off my shoulders. If anyone else in NY is planning on the 18th for their nuptuils, I'll pray for you if you pray for me! ;P 
What we have figured out at least is the theme, which is "This Is Our Story" --- book themed with lot's of enchanted forest type elements, birds, and butterflies. Our save-the-date's will be bookmarks with photo's of us under a tree reading a book together on them, the invitations will have something to do with Once-Upon-A-Time, our programs will look like the pages of a book, and our thank you's will be the Happily-Ever-After to it all. Corny? Absolutely... but I'm ok with it ;)  
AND also, the dress -- as long as it looks good when I try it on -- which is the Snow White inspired gown from Alfred Angelo (style 207). If anyone has any ideas as to groomsmen attire, flower girl dresses, bridesmaid dresses, or aaaaanything at all that fits my theme, PLEASE feel free to suggest! 
To maybe inspire your wedding and give anyone who is interested a glimpse into my slow forming vision of things, check out my pinterest board: http://pinterest.com/missmarmy/happily-ever-after/

Re: Hi from a NY/Outdoors/Garden/Vintage/DIY Bride-To-Be

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards