North Carolina

No ceremony programs - bad idea?

We're basically done with ordering all of our paper goods (finally, agh!) (and side note: I totally recommend Wedding Paper Divas, they've been amazing), but I'm tripping over one decision that we've made:

We're not doing ceremony programs. Our ceremony is 10 minutes AT BEST, and we're not doing readings or anything like that. Is this okay? My mom was shocked that I decided no, but I don't really see a point...

We're also not doing menus, as we're having a buffet and I personally just think that seems silly -- the guests will see their choices when they go up to get a plate.

Any thoughts? Mostly on programs, but if you have an argument in favor of menus, I'd love to hear that too...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: No ceremony programs - bad idea?

• I didn't have programs and it wasn't a huge deal. I know for some, it's a nice thing to save and helps people recognize who is doing what, but if you're not having readings or anything fancy, I think you're fine.

Basically, it's a nice extra touch, but you're wedding will be perfectly fine without them. :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We didn't have either.  I had one person (someone I work with) ask me later who my bridesmaids were since she "didn't get a program", but that was the only fallout.  

• That's exactly what I wanted to hear! Thanks so much! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards