Ohio-Northeast

Akron Art Museum - Possible Venue

Hello -  We just started planning our wedding and we recently toured the Akron Art Museum as a possible reception site. We LOVE it! I was just wondering if anyone here has had their reception there and what they liked/didn't like about the venue. I would like to book it as soon as possible, but just wanted some opinions about the site.  Thanks!! 

Re: Akron Art Museum - Possible Venue

• edited December 2011
    We were considering having our wedding - both ceremony & reception there (we were looking for something different).  We ended up not booking because most of our concerns were with the ceremony. We would've had to have our ceremony on the steps, and both my fiance and I were worried about the sun streaming right in during our ceremony...and I was also kind of nervous to walk down those stairs! Anyways, with that being said, if we were looking for strictly a reception site, I definitely would've booked the art museum.  You just might have to do a few more things on your own, like book a caterer, table rental, linens, etc. Also, depending on how many people you would be having at your ceremony, think about how the tables would be arranged.  We are going to have about 250 people, and some of the tables would've had to have gone on the left side of the staircase, and that felt a little disjointed to me (that not everybody would be able to see the head table). Good luck! :) 
  • madch17madch17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That was my DREAM location, until we sat down and started talking price.  Everything is extra....tables, chairs, utensils, etc.  And they have so many rules about decorations.  No open flames, no hanging anything.  It got to be a real mess.  And just the holding deposit was slightly outrageous.  You cannot find a more beautiful location in Akron, but the sacrifices didnt outweigh the benefits for us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards