Rhode Island
Options

Activity ideas for day before

I am getting married on a saturday and my wedding party and a few others are coming up thursday.  I was planning to have my rehearsal in the morning on friday and I was thinking that the whole wedding party and some close friends could do something around Newport together.  We have a large wedding party- 8 bridesmaid and 8 groomsman plus dates  and other close friends we are thinking a group of 50- 60 ppl total or so.  Any ideas on a fun activity in Newport?  

Re: Activity ideas for day before

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Assuming your wedding is in the Spring or Summer...there are so many things to do in Newport! You can go take a drive and picnic on Ocean Drive. Fly some kites while you are there. Head to Fort Adams to play some frisbee or soccer or flag football or something together. You can go out on a charter boat for a tour of the harbor. Maybe head to the Tennis Hall of Fame if you have tennis fans? Head to the beach! Take a walk on the cliff walk? Head through a few of the mansions? Take a trolley or walking tour of Newport? Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the cliff walk and perhaps a mansion are must-dos... and go to the beach!  Such a fun town.  I'm having my bachelorette there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine was in the winter and we did a big bowling party at night with pizza, soda & beer. 

I've seen a softball game and a soccer game which you could even do at the beach.

So fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Corvus2010Corvus2010 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try one of the tour/charter boats around Bowen's Wharf.  Of course, depends on the time of year! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards