Maine
Options

Wedding Ceremonies in Acadia Park

I live in Pa and am trying to set up a small wedding ceremony possibly in Acadia Park. (Bar Harbor, Maine)

I was wondering if anyone out there has been married at this location..any pictures or site suggestions would be so helpful!!

Or even a nearby location that shares the same beautiful sites as the park. I don't want a spa or hotel location. Looking for informal, intimate, with beautiful backdrops!

Thanks!!  

Re: Wedding Ceremonies in Acadia Park

• Options
    kev'sbridekev'sbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi~
     To have a ceremony in the Nat. Park you'll likely have to get a permit (not hard to do....just contact headquarters).  There are LOTS of beautiful places all over the island. What time of year are you planning for your wedding??
  • Options
    mainelybridalmainelybridal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was married in Bar Harbor 5 years ago.  We were married in the Catholic Church but we went to Albert Meadow for pictures (this is a park off of Main St.)  We were married in November and had a beautiful day, the pictures ended up looking like it was July.  I will post some pictures if you are interested.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow, yes I would love to see some pics!!
    Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are planning for August 2011! Time is flying and I have got to get things going here. We wanted to do it early enough in the month of August for it to still be on the warmer side. Do you know when the leaves start to change color? Also, one year we visited, we hit bug season, it was bad. Def don't want to do that again. Doesn't that end sometime in August as well?    

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I

I would  love to see some pics! Thanks!
    n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_wedding-ceremonies-acadia-park?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:98Discussion:367a5a86-e6a9-45d4-a1af-a9122bcb519aPost:0e700d67-5b73-4b2d-beab-c4c0e0d8461e">Re: Wedding Ceremonies in Acadia Park</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was married in Bar Harbor 5 years ago.  We were married in the Catholic Church but we went to Albert Meadow for pictures (this is a park off of Main St.)  We were married in November and had a beautiful day, the pictures ended up looking like it was July.  I will post some pictures if you are interested.
    Posted by mainelybridal[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards