New York-New York City
Options

Confused about venuies....

Hi -

so I am having a hard time looking for a venue that would work for me. On the one hand, I would love to do it in or around NYC because being a New York is such a big part of me. But the cost is just SOO astronomical for what I want so I am open to looking in the Hudson Valley, NJ, etc.

Can anyone recommend a nice waterfront location that could do ceremony and reception together that does not cost insane like $35K plus all in??? I really like the Central Park Boathouse but it's just a bit outside of our range and I have heard mixed reviews.....I looked at the ones in New Rochelle and they are all very wedding factory-ish. :/

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. :)

Re: Confused about venuies....

• Options
    RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    you may want to check out where i got married - the view on the hudson, in rockland county, ny.  it is a really pretty venue with gorgeous views of the hudson river.  it may be a little wedding factoryish but i guess you'll have to check it out yourself. here is their website: www.theviewonthehudson.com

also, friends of mine are getting married at the queens county farm, i haven't been to their wedding yet but it looks like a cool place and it is in nyc and i am guessing more affordable than most manhattan locations: http://www.queensfarm.org/rent.html

you should also try posting on the hudson valley board if you haven't already, i'm sure those girls will have plenty of suggestions.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many people are you expecting?  Maybe ceremony at BB Park ($25 permit) then reception right there at Bubby's in DUMBO (with views of bridge), which is maybe something like $20k?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    not interested in doing the ceremony and the reception separate.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Liberty House is beautiful...but it depends on how many peeps you are having.

http://www.libertyhouserestaurant.com/
    GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely check out Battery Gardens - ceremony can be held outside, cocktail hour inside/outside terrace, and it's right on the water with a gorgeous view of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
  • Options
    smsuziesmsuzie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not in the city but the Bridgeview Yacht Club in Island Park, New York (long island)
    They even have an outside arbor that serves beautiful for ceremonies.
  • Options
    lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked at Battery Gardens for December and they were very reasonable. Same price p/p a friend of mine paid in Riverhead 2 years ago. (but then again, it's december!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards