Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Bachelorette Weekend Help!!!

Hello knotties!!

I was hoping I could get some help.  My friends MOH is planning a girls weekend to South Yarmouth.  We are styaing at the Red Jacket Resort.  It's about 10 girls.  Since she doesn't have theknot, she asked if I could see where anyone would recommend to go for dinner, drinks, possible dancing.  We are willing to drive 20-30 minutes, possibly more.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Re: Bachelorette Weekend Help!!!

• Options
    Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

What are you in the mood for - a somewhat dressy evening out, or flip flops and lobster rolls?

Anniversary
  • Options
    tlopes07tlopes07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are down for whatever.  A little bit of both, we are going up on Friday afternoon, and returning Sunday afternoon.  Anything would be great!
  • Options
    Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're willing to drive further - the Beachcomber in Wellfleet is one heck of a great bar - very casual, super fun.  Just make sure to check their concert schedule before you drive all that way, as you can't even get in without a ticket for the show.  It's by far my favorite bar on the Cape - outdoors, wood planks, with the beach as the parking lot.

For a fancy drink, take 28 to Chatham and do happy hour at the Chatham Bars Inn.  For a more festive drink and a fun bite in Chatham, check out the Blue Coral.  It's an outdoor beach bar right in the middle of town, with a small but fun menu (and a super small location, so call ahead).  Your only option is outdoor, though, so make sure the weather is nice.  Chatham is also a great shopping town, after a long day at the beach, so you could go late afternoon and shop a little and stay for dinner and drinks, to make the trip worthwhile. (Osterville and Falmouth have fun shopping, too).

If you feel like heading the other direction, head to Falmouth.  The main street is lined with a million great restaurants (you can check out the reviews and links on tripadvisor - there are too many to list), and bars, and it's all walk-able. Falmouth also has one incredibly good cupcake place (CupCakes).  They will do special orders if you feel like planning something fun ahead of time.

Another thought, depending on budget -
    A lot of towns have very easy rules for obtaining a beach permit.  If you're in the mood to relax one night, just order up some lobster rolls and sides ahead of time and throw her a girls beach bonfire.  I probably mainly suggest this option, because I sincerely believe there is nothing better in the world than a fire pit and some s'mores... :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    tlopes07tlopes07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much Lobsters, you're awesome!!
  • Options
    Hi Girls!
    We're doing the same and I'm wondering what you actually did tlopes07? Did you find anything in South Yarmouth that was a blast or did you venture to the surrounding towns? Any help is appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards