California-San Diego

rsvp

hey, i was just wondering how much time i should give my guests to send the rsvp's back. I will be sending them out in february and the wedding is in may.
Mrs. Meeks

Re: rsvp

• frenchy730frenchy730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your venue or caterer has a head count due-date, give yourself about 2 weeks prior to that date so you can get ahold of people who don't respond at all.  If not, give yourself enough time to finish up projects that are numbers dependent or personalized.  I'd say somewhere around 30 days-2 weeks in advance is good.
  • kjhharriskjhharris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Etiquette books say to send them out 6-8 weeks before the event (too much earlier and people put them aside to "return later" and forget about them).  This is also assuming you're sending Save The Dates so they know about it in advance :)

My wedding is at the end of October, we sent them out at the end of August.  I had ~65% of the responses by September 30th (my deadline) and gave myself two weeks for pinning down the remainders before having to give the caterer my totals (goal: October 15).  The vast majority of my RSVP's came in the week before the deadline.

For a May wedding I'd send them early to mid-March (depending on when in May it is), with 30 days for them to return them.  You'll be remarkably antsy to get them in, and I could barely wait (due to excitement) until my "deadline" to start asking people if they'd be able to come  (you want to start planning to order favors, plan seating charts, final budget, etc.)!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards