August 2012 Weddings
Options

INVITATIONS....

Ladies when are you mailing your invitations and when do you set the RSVP date? I am going to place an order soon for my invitations but have no clue on RSVP date.  My wedding is 8/31/12? HELP PLEASE.

Re: INVITATIONS....

• Options
    It all depends on when your caterer needs a final head count, i plan on giving myself at least a month and half before the wedding so if i need to check with no responses it gives me time to do that and get a final head count to my caterer
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Flowers
    image 160 Invited
    image 2 are ready to party with there boots on! image 0 have better things to do image158 are trying to find there boots
    RSVP Date: July 25th
  • Options
    I believe the rule of thumb is sending invites 6-8 weeks before with an RSVP date of 2-4 weeks before. To be safe, I'd send invites 2 months out (6/30) with RSVPs due 1 month out (7/31). This way, you'll have one month to finalize details and get a hold of those MIA, seeing as the last month might be kind of crazy in terms of planning! 

Is there a guideline as to how far out you should order invites? Especially DIY? I was kind of wondering that myself....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We were looking to send our invites out in the middle of May.  I know that seems a bit early, but we have several invites that have to go out of the country (San Fran, Boston, Atlanta, New Zealand, Japan) so we want to make sure the invites have plently of time to travel there and get the rsvp back in time.
    Do you guys think it is too early to send them in May?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My wedding planner suggested the following for my 8/11 wedding. 6/16 mail invites 7/20 rsvp deadline She cautioned against having rsvp deadline any earlier because things can and will change. I am using magnet street for invites and I am planning to order them in mid April, unless I find a better coupon code earlier. I am not sure on timing for diy invites.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_invitations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:0475b1a3-d47c-458a-9ece-092ceaefb4aaPost:b8914cea-eac6-4914-9133-a95a2694b752">Re: INVITATIONS....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I believe the rule of thumb is sending invites 6-8 weeks before with an RSVP date of 2-4 weeks before. <strong>To be safe, I'd send invites 2 months out (6/30) with RSVPs due 1 month out (7/31).</strong> This way, you'll have one month to finalize details and get a hold of those MIA, seeing as the last month might be kind of crazy in terms of planning!  Is there a guideline as to how far out you should order invites? Especially DIY? I was kind of wondering that myself....
    Posted by OliveJuice4Ever[/QUOTE]

One of my BM mentioned this exactly. 
  • Options
    What are any of the August 4th ladies doing? My wedding is OOT for everyone including myself so I was going to try to send them at the 8 week mark. I was thinking of having them out the first week of June with a reply date of the first week of July! 
  • Options
    I am mailing mines June 1 and the rsvp date is July 2
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_invitations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:0475b1a3-d47c-458a-9ece-092ceaefb4aaPost:86b184db-60e8-4656-90d2-4d2a23efd410">Re: INVITATIONS....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: INVITATIONS.... : One of my BM mentioned this exactly. 
    Posted by Misskin[/QUOTE]

:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    peachy kid I am august 4 bride
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_invitations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:0475b1a3-d47c-458a-9ece-092ceaefb4aaPost:133527db-bf3d-4978-9022-66eed543af02">Re: INVITATIONS....</a>:
    [QUOTE]What are any of the August 4th ladies doing? My wedding is OOT for everyone including myself so I was going to try to send them at the 8 week mark. I was thinking of having them out the first week of June with a reply date of the first week of July! 
    Posted by peachykd[/QUOTE]

I'm August 3rd... Most of our guests are having to fly, some internationally.  Our hotel block gets released on June 25th.  For these reasons we are mailing our invites out at about the 10 week mark with an RSVP date of July 1st.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Mine are going out at the end of this month. We have a few to send to Europe, so  I'm just mailing them at the same time.

• Options
    My wedding is August 25th.  I'm working on invitations right now and I'm wondering when to set my RSVP by date.  As it stands, right now I'm planning on sending the invitations out the week of June 25th (possibly the week of June 18th if I have them all ready) and I have the RSVP by date set to August 4th--3 weeks before the wedding (the caterer needs a final count 2 weeks prior).  I'm considering moving the date back to July 28th, but I'm not sure.

Any other August 25th brides have some advice?

Half of my invitations will need to go across the country, to California.  The other half don't have far to go--they're in Pennsylvania.  But the guests will need to travel to CA for the actual nuptials.

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • Options
    We are getting married August 18.  We are planning to send out invites about eight weeks before and will ask for RSVPs four weeks before.
  • Options
    We're getting married August 8th and we're planning to send them out around the first week of June and asking for replies by July 8th. I figure it's after any Fourth of July celebrations when people might get together and discuss upcoming plans. Ours is a weekday celebration so I figure the attendance will be lower anyway.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm an August 4th bride and I am DIY'ing our invites.  I am in the process of doing a test print and then I plan to have them printed on April 6th. 

I'm mailing them May 4th because nearly 60-70% of our guests are from out of town and already inquiring about their invitations.  And we mailed them save the dates in January.  I just think our guests are really excited about our wedding!

Oh and our RSVP return date will be May 26th.  I'm so dang on excited about our wedding!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    THAT IS MY WEDDING DATE ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be sending out my invites the third week of June 18th  and want them back by 07/13/12.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_invitations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:0475b1a3-d47c-458a-9ece-092ceaefb4aaPost:d0574bd3-27b2-4a45-b9b7-8c2294603dda">INVITATIONS....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ladies when are you mailing your invitations and when do you set the RSVP date? I am going to place an order soon for my invitations but have no clue on RSVP date.  My wedding is 8/31/12? HELP PLEASE.
    Posted by Misskin[/QUOTE]
  • Options

I am getting married on 8/18 as well, and are doing the exact same timeline :)

• Options
    I am getting married August 18th as well, and we are sending out invites in May/June with an RSVP date of July 18th (as that is also when the hotel block ends).  We did this because FI's grandpa is providing the meat for our wedding, and we want to give him plenty of time to be able to have the appropriate amount of meat ready :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards