Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Catholic Churches?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a catholic church who will perform a wedding to non-parishioners?

Were in Morgantown and it seems almost every church Ive found will not perform weddings for non-parishioners.

Re: Catholic Churches?

• Options
    arf3420arf3420 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also had a pretty hard time finding churches that would marry non-parishioners.  St Mary of the Mount is a beautiful Catholic church.  They will marry non-parishioners, but their fee is pretty high, $1000 (plus fees for organist, wedding director, etc).  We were going to use that church but decided against a Catholic church in the end because they have so many restrictions on the ceremony.  Not sure when your wedding is, but St Marys was almost completely booked on Saturdays for next summer already, so you'll want to book it fast!
    We ended up choosing First Baptist Church of Pittsburgh.  They marry non-parishioners, and their fee is only $600.  It's a beautiful church, and they don't have any restrictions on the music or photography.  You also have the choice of using their minister or bringing in your own. 
    Smithfield United and Calvary United Methodist are other churches that also marry non-parishioners, although if I remember right, Smithfield charged about $1400, which seemed high just to use a church.  They aren't Catholic though.  St Mary's is the only Catholic one I know of that will marry non-members.  Hope that helps!
  • Options
    elizajane519elizajane519 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why aren't you getting married in the Church where you or your fiance or parents are parishoners?  Or if your parish is not in Pittsburgh, talk to your priest to see if he knows someone or has a suggestion.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We arent from Pittsburgh and my parents no longer live there. My grandparents are not catholic and they are the reason we are having our wedding in Pittsburgh, because they are to sick to travel to Morgantown. Im ok with not having a catholic wedding because I am not catholic but Brandon is and his whole family is catholic and for them we are doing this. I contacted St Bede today and the father has agreed to perform our wedding.
  • Options
    Anne326Anne326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Crystal, I can give you the names of many Catholic churches that will marry non-parishioners. You will have to pay a fee and provide your own Priest. We are having our Mass at St. Stanislaus in the Strip District. Their fee is $750. If you have any questions, let me know. - Annie
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lubawyweddinglubawywedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at St Bernadette's Catholic Church in Monroeville.  We were not members there nor any other catholic church.  Father Ed and his staff are so incredibly nice.  We could not have found a better person to marry us.  Total fees including organist and such will be $910.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Epiphany Church. Had the same problem and after everywhere else was booked or didn't take non-parishoners this was the last one left. And it's gorgeous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards