Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Setting a wedding date

I just got engaged last week and want to start planning our wedding. Are Friday weddings more resonably priced?

Re: Setting a wedding date

• Options
    Yes, by far. But you have to consider other things as well: your guests will have to take off of work to attend (so this may lower the number of people that actually come), when will the RD be or are you having one? This is just a start. I am sure other girls will have other advice too.
  • Options

agree with PP. also factor in traffic if you're having a summer wedding. and if you're planning a church event, most likely less than half of your guests will attend the ceremony on a friday.

Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Sometime Fridays are priced lower than Saturdays, but not always.  In a big city like mine, some places that I got estimates from had no pricing differences between Fridays and Saturdays.  Some were only small differences.  However, saving $500 by doing a Friday for me meant I got to upgrade other areas of the wedding.  So definitely look into that option!
  • Options
    Normally Fridays are cheaper than Saturdays, but I have also heard that during summer months (prime wedding season) there is not a difference. 
    Keep all your options open but remember there are more factors that go into setting a date than just price.  The time of year you want is important, whether you are severely inconveniencing out-of-towners, and whether the venue is available. 
    I would suggest either falling in love with a specific date or a specific venue, not both.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards