Offbeat Weddings

Disney-Pixar UP Inspired Wedding Help!

I'm super far out from my wedding but want to start thinking about an overall "theme" and really could use some help.
First, here are a few pictures of my reception site-- The Palm Beach Zoo:

FI and I love love love Disney and one of our favorite movies is UP. For those who haven't seen the movie, the two main characters work at a zoo (!) and eventually the main character goes on an adventure to South America. It's a super cute movie and we'd love to find a way to incorporate it into our wedding.

Another couple did an UP themed wedding and I love it but don't think we could use any of their ideas (except the grade soda bouts. and the mailbox for a card holder) because it's much more vintage and rustic than the zoo allows. Here's a link to their pictures if anyone is interested (super cute wedding that I'd love to have!): http://wildflowersphotos.com/blog/james-lynnettes-wedding-up-up-amazing/

So, does anyone have any centerpiece, color, or reception ideas? It doesn't have to be UP related but I'd love to hear if anyone thinks UP could work in there.

Anything helps so throw whatever ideas you have at me!! Thanks!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Disney-Pixar UP Inspired Wedding Help!

• I love Up!
    You gotta have lots of balloons and two worn out arm chairs for you and FI.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Walk down the aisle to the Michael Giacchino score from the movie, for starters.  I am seriously considering walking down the aisle to music he composed for LOST.  And balloons.  Like, everywhere.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • I third doing lots of balloons.  Maybe put some on the floor and some on the tables so there is a tiered look.  Maybe do your guestbook like the adventure book in the movie, but personalize the pages for stuff that you and you're FI have done/hope to do.  Also, you could do an ice cream bar at the end with your cake. 

PS-- Love the theme!  :)
    "It starts out all very nice, two people promising to be together forever, I'll die when you die, my life meant nothing until you used my toothbrush. Then you start planning the wedding. Aunt Junie's allergic to milk. Uncle Momo's off his meds..."
  • for the tables you could have different characters with their pictures on them instead of numbers. maybe have the bridesmaids walk with ballons instead of flowers as well. love the theme by the way!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic June Offbeat Siggy: Then and Now Pics!!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_disney-pixar-up-inspired-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:ecb8f9da-1557-472a-895d-b68656efc3a7Post:8e063ffb-6c6d-43dd-9b03-cd2ecddf0a56">Re: Disney-Pixar UP Inspired Wedding Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]for the tables you could have different characters with their pictures on them instead of numbers. maybe have the bridesmaids walk with ballons instead of flowers as well. love the theme by the way!
    Posted by sloanaw[/QUOTE]
    Oooo! I wanna sit at the Dug table! I luff him!
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Look at these...scroll down a bit for the full color effect...

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/whiteballoons2.html
    imageimageimage
  • Thanks ladies!!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • GrauGrau member
    First Comment
    I love UP! Such a sweet movie.

I don't have any really any ideas, but I do love the balloons idea. GL
  • Wow, I just saw an Up! inspired wedding photoshoot, crazy!  Such a sweet movie (I only cried twice).

Maybe you could focus on the travel aspect? 

Here's the link, hope you find something useful!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • what a great idea!  i have never seen the movie, but i love the pics that you shared.

balloons all the way!
  • Kimberlily307Kimberlily307 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I too am having an UP inspired wedding. For you ladies who have already done it: any chance you would share some pictures?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards