Favors

Reception Favors

Is it bad not to have favors for the reception? I don't want to waste money of something cheap and it get thrown away. Are there any ideas of favors I can make, that are nice and inexpensive to do?

Re: Reception Favors

• Edible favors are my favorite.   Candy, cookies....we're doing cupcakes since we're not having a wedding cake.   If your town has a local specialty, that might be kind of fun for your guests.  Or if you are trying to incorporate your background or heritage, you could do a pastry or delicacy that highlights that.  

Otherwise, you're right, a lot of favors are kind of pointless and get thrown away.

If you're on a budget or can't think of anything, then just skip favors.  They're not neccessary.
    DSC_9275
  • edited January 2012
    I don't see anything wrong with not having party favors. My fiance and I aren't planning on having them. I had though about making chocolate dipped pretzel rods and using sprinkles that go with our color scheme. They wouldn't be too expensive and you could make a batch every weekend or so and freeze them. That way it wouldn't be too hard to do. Good luck with planning!
  • edited January 2012
    In reference to wedding favors information in online, from what I understand from other threads you give one per guest. A friend of mine told me that if it is a personal favor like chocolate, a little bottle of wine etc. You'll give one favor per guest no matter what the favor since you may have guests.
  • Jesilu5Jesilu5 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I found favor bags and stickers you can custom design at monogramwedding.com for very affordable. You can then put whatever little favor you want. Candy, cookies, candle etc. Very inexpensive and personal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards