Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Ceremony/reception DIY ideas in Mass

Hello gals!

My fiance and I are in the early stages of planning our wedding!  We decided to go the DIY route.  We are looking for a venue (for ceremony and reception preferably) that we can bring in our own caterers, florists ect.  My Fiance wants something rustic, which Im more than fine with, I just want to be able to get ready there (not a huge request right?!)  Unfortunately thats not the case at a place he LOVES, I think its called Stonehurst Estates.  We are planning it for late June/early July and we would like it to be outside.

Any ideas or suggestions?

PS: we have a place booked for no fee so, we have a great back up plan, but he cant shake the feeling like there is more out there!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony/reception DIY ideas in Mass

• Options
    If you post this on your local board (links to the left), you are likely to get more area-specific responses. Good luck!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Check out local bridal shows, and you can get ideas from other vendors too - for example, if you already know who you want as a caterer or photographer, they will generally have worked at lots of different venues - they may also be able to give you the down and dirty if there's a place that looks good on paper, but may not be all that it seems.
  • Options
    Honestly, Massachusetts is so strict with vendors (especially alcohol!) that I feel like if you want this kind of wedding, you might want to consider out of state.  I've had friends get married up in New Hampshire for this exact reason (live free or die!).  

Another idea that I know people do is to rent a house (down on the Cape usually) and just have friends stay there and do a ceremony while there.  It turns the wedding into more of a get away, but is not for everyone and really only works with small weddings.
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 9th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards