Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bachelorette Party Day - Friday????

Hi ladies,
I'm in a bit of a pickle. My FI and I were trying to have our bachelor/bachelorette parties on the same day for many reasons. One of which being that it seems kind of romantic in a weird way, and we'll both be focused on having fun. My fiance has already been planning his on Saturday the 10th. Practically every other weekend between now and the wedding is booked. My bridesmaids seemed ok with that, too.
Until now.... I got an email from my MOH asking about doing it on Friday instead?? My concern there is that I work until at least 5PM, so Fridays are tough for me. And with all of the time I'm taking off for other wedding stuff I don't have any more time to take to leave early that day. How much more can I insist on doing it the 10th? They're trying to keep it a surprise except for the date, and I'm really honoring that, and I know they're the ones planning it so I'm also trying to keep their feelings in mind. I'm so torn! Any thoughts? Am I being a bridezilla and unreasonable?
We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary

Re: Bachelorette Party Day - Friday????

• Options
    ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it depends on your MOH's reasoning for wanting it to be on the Friday instead. Has she even given you a reason? If not, ask her if she can explain without giving too much away. Maybe it's just conflicting schedules with some of the other guests.

In that case, I think it would be fair to go with your original date. Having a whole night out of partying after a long day of work (especially at the end of the week) seems like a bad idea to me, and I'm sure the other girls will agree.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards