Flowers
Options

Please Help in picking flower colors

My bridesmaids will be wearing Malibu from David's Bridal (turquoise) and I don't know what color flowers to have them carry.  Our wedding colors are malibu, white, and silver..so I thought about having them carry white bouquets and I would have a mainly turqoise bouquet with white accents but am not sold on that.  Also I would like to incorporate lily's in (could easily be the white part) but don't have any ideas or pictures of what I want.

Any help would be great!!
Anniversary

Re: Please Help in picking flower colors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The difficulty is that not a lot of flowers are naturally turquoise, so it can be difficult to match. There's always the option of dyeing flowers- but would save that as a last resort. All white bouquets always look beautiful and very classic, for your BMs- I'd recommend using silver or white for the stem wrap (because it will be very difficult to exactly match turquoise to the dresses, unless you get the ribbon from David's Bridal). And if you wanted a pop of color on your bouquet, you could wrap the stems in turquoise ribbon (without worrying about clashing).

If you're feeling bold, you could always incorporate an accent color into your bouquets, I think pink, sherbert orange or yellow would all look really great with the bridesmaids dresses. You could work this color in with the rest of your wedding as well, or just have the bouquets be a stand-alone pop of color!

Good luck!
    http://www.kiwicabbage.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011

maybe wrap the stems in malibu or silver.  Or instead of the babies breath in the one above, find something silver
  • Options
    aneubaueaneubaue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @PattyandAlan...I really like that bouquet.  Any idea of what the bride's bouquet looked like?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He he he...no...I pulled the picture off of a google search.  If it were me I would do the same for the bride, but bigger.  I like this type of shape for the brides bouquet personally

so you could use the same flowers, and just have yours be bigger!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going with the malibu color too. I've had suggestions to do pink as an accent color but I feel like it looks too 80's for me. I met with our florist today and I am going to carry a mostly "malibu" colored bouquet with some white in it and the girls are going to be opposite, so they'll have mostly white with some "malibu". Does that make sense? I'm curious...what dresses did you get in the malibu color?
  • Options
    aneubaueaneubaue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @kristin1007that does make sense and I have thought about doing the same where I would carry a mostly malibu bouquet and the girls would carry mostly white.  The dresses we went with were David's Bridal style number 84177.  What style are you going with?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    great color but no flowers come that color naturally... It does go with a lot of stuff though..Love salmon and ivory and lime green with Malibu... 
    butter yellow looks great too... 

Res seems garish to me, and pink seems retro....

What about soft butter yellow and ivory for your flowers and butter and slmon and ivory for your accent tones...?   Just an idea... good luck!

• Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From your colors, I'd have the girls carry a white bouquet.

Personally, I'd have yellow bouquets for them-- I love the two colors together!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards